xp deus and salt water

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently in Panama City at the beach for the week on vacation. I can hunt fine up in pretty dry or even very slightly damp sand in wet or dry sand program. Whenever i get close to the water or even lets say 5-10 ft where it is very saturated i get all types of fake hits and it will continue to hit on spots with nothing even there. I can walk back up to the dryer area and it works like a charm.
Any ideas?
Using factory small coil

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay in the dry sand.

Buy a beach machine if you want to hunt wet saltwater sand .

Have fun! :occasion14:

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only go to the beach once a year. I live in Arkansas so no salt water there. If it is no good for wet sand and beach why does it have a setting for it lol..

But on a serious not i read some people having relly good luck with in around sand.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why does Garrett market the AT Pro as a saltwater machine? Why does the Tesoro Tiger Shark have a "Saltwater" mode? Because most customers are clueless, and will just drink the Kool aid. :skullflag:

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does Garrett market the AT Pro as a saltwater machine? Why does the Tesoro Tiger Shark have a "Saltwater" mode? Because most customers are clueless, and will just drink the Kool aid. :skullflag:

I may have been using it wrong after calling people and study's in the at pro last year here in salt water area but it goes crazy in salt water and in very wet salt water sand.

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are using the wet sand program and also using the Beach mode in ground balancing? I've used mine in salt water before and it's defiantly not the best detector for that, but it does work.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at myrtle beach right now and I brought my xp deus and I am really impressed how well it is doing in the saturated sand (for a vlf detector), I have been using the the wet beach mode and I even turned the sense up all the way and am having little falsing.The falsing I am having is no problem,you know with no problem when a target is under the coil.I am digging targets at 8 plus inches, even dimes, pennies and modern pull tabs. Although I have been digging everything (haven't had deus long),The past couple of days I have been calling what im digging up and I have been right more than 90% of the time.I had trouble at first with bottle caps but now I can hear that little Iron edge on the tone. The deus has passed my expectations as a beach detector (again for a vlf ) and because it works so well I am not even using any of the other three detectors that I brought with me.....by the way I am using the 11 inch coil just my 2 cents worth Thanx Barry

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at myrtle beach right now and I brought my xp deus and I am really impressed how well it is doing in the saturated sand (for a vlf detector), I have been using the the wet beach mode and I even turned the sense up all the way and am having little falsing.The falsing I am having is no problem,you know with no problem when a target is under the coil.I am digging targets at 8 plus inches, even dimes, pennies and modern pull tabs. Although I have been digging everything (haven't had deus long),The past couple of days I have been calling what im digging up and I have been right more than 90% of the time.I had trouble at first with bottle caps but now I can hear that little Iron edge on the tone. The deus has passed my expectations as a beach detector (again for a vlf ) and because it works so well I am not even using any of the other three detectors that I brought with me.....by the way I am using the 11 inch coil just my 2 cents worth Thanx Barry

Yup. Pretty much mirrors my Deus experience at VA Beach. It's all good.

jonnied1

Aug 2, 2016
WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good to hear this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread