TOOLS-Topo Maps and Calculator etc

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all Prospectors

Im more of an arm chair prospector but always lookin for somebody headed out to to the sierra nevadas or into nevada,
i have found a way to put a topo map into google earth for use for specific chosen area. I also have built a calculator to figure ounces per ton-grams per ton-ounces per cubic yard- parts per million- parts per billion etc figured on your ore sample size.

I have very little resources to get out but would like to buddy up to head into the sierra nevadas this summer would be cool, ive been researching
au areas for years. If you need a topo map for a specific area hit me up and see if i can something going for ya, aint getting any younger and always dreamin. I live in Sparks, NV (RENO)

Thanks johnnysau

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to THE NET, John. None of us have large resourses, ha! I'm too busy spending mine on duplicate equipment, adventures, more stuff than I can take in one outing! I should have bought the gold. Cheaper! Anyway, I use TOPO 4 for my mapping. Great software... the 2002 version, anyway. Bought the newer NM box to find it doesn't work. I don't mind printing my maps in 8 1/2 by 11 paper. I also keep REAL 7 1/2 minute series of all my expected hunting areas. I am becoming an arm chair hunter more and more. Bad back, pain pills, etc., etc. I've been metal detecting for more than 40 years. Been HARD at work prospecting and detecting in CA and AZ for 5 years now. I haven't seen it all or done it all yet but still trying. You will get MUCH info from the guys and gals here on the net. It will save you alot of "blind alleys". I also use GE and TOPO together. What I do is Bring up GE then start TOPO and zoom or back off on GE till the TOPO screen and GE are the same size. Then I "blink" back and forth, sorta like "flip" photography to swap info back and forth. I get to Reno, once in a while. I'll try to look you up the next time I head for a blackjack table! (edit: Maps and compass are my PASSION since 5 years old!) Take care. TTC

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Sparks too. Drop me a PM if you would like to swap lies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread