Tornadoes. Again...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tornadoes Again...

I herd this earlier too, but did not hear fatalities, My husband will be bout 20-30 miles south of there after Memorial Day. Not sure what he gonna hafta do yet, build a levee, demotition clean-up.........:dontknow: yet.

I am always saying prayers, for all! Guess the list just got longer.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just talked to my Aunt up in Lawrence, Kansas, my Mom's Sister, and asked about my Cousins.
Yes, they live in the Joplin/Neosho and Osage City area.
She had not heard anything from Don or Wanda, but, then again, she wasn't even aware of the storms... :icon_scratch:
I hadn't talked to her for over a year, and, at first, she thought I was my sister! :o
(She hadn't talked to my Sister for quite awhile, either.)
Maybe she's "getting old..."

I've got Don's phone number, but I'll wait a while before I try to call him and instead wait for my Aunt to reply to me.
I told her that I still have the same phone number that I've had for years; she said that she had it written down. Somewhere.

Prayers are still needed for ALL who were affected.

Scott

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Scott,I'm about 150mi from Joplin.They have over 100 cell towers down and no power.The large hospital there received a direct hit,walls gone,roof off the entire bldg every window knocked out some patients sucked out of windows.It looks every bit as bad as Tuscaloosa,Al.Everything flat.Both high schools major damage with one having graduation tonight.Hard to get updates.I-44 closed,with upwards of twenty semi's and cars rolled.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

pat-tekker-cat said:
warsawdaddy said:
Scott,I'm about 150mi from Joplin.They have over 100 cell towers down and no power.The large hospital there received a direct hit,walls gone,roof off the entire bldg every window knocked out some patients sucked out of windows.It looks every bit as bad as Tuscaloosa,Al.Everything flat.Both high schools major damage with one having graduation tonight.Hard to get updates.I-44 closed,with upwards of twenty semi's and cars rolled.
Guess that's why I ain't getting Topeka to check in?
Topeka area was hit yesterday.
They are finding debris(x-rays)from Joplin hospital 80-100mi from Joplin,east of Springfield.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

warsawdaddy said:
Topeka area was hit yesterday.

Yes, I read about that in The Lawrence Daily Journal World, which I had a paper route as a youth.

I went through a tornado about 10 years ago. I lived in Jefferson County, just north of Lecompton and that's the closest I ever want to come to a tornado.

I was going to provide a link, but the Lawrence Newspaper site is down. NOW I'm getting worried...

Scott

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy, I am SO sorry. Ya'll hunker down and hang on.
I had no idea about Topeka, I don't always watch tv, (hardly ever).
I'm looking for alternaitve #'s, my old computer, has email addresses, I can't get to.(I accidently erased my earlier posts, got like 14 screens going, brb))
Ya'll be safe and careful. Get you some water stored, if you ain't already got.
Thanks for updates, as it's possible for you!

I just heard 24 in Joplin from whether chanel.

I hate hearing the weather channel promoting the scammers are on there way to ya'll, be cautious of letting inspectors, workers(?) in your home, etc........I know after our hurricanes, everybody and their brother is a roofer.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
au24k, weather chanell say 24 in Joplin,
they alerting
Benton(?) cty take cover immediatly, I-540(?), said storm coming towards Jonesboro(?), I gotta turn it up, I ain't up on my geography out there, anyone gotta weather radio,noah or doplar out there?

Now there on Iceland volcano,
Do ya'll have warning sirens out there?
My daddy would say, "When you gotta move, you gotta move".
I can deal with a hurricane coming at me, but not them pop-up-as-ya-wish tornadoes, make me wanna wet myself! (Camilla Georgia, Mitchell Cty, if anyone remembers)

(Now, I be wondering did someone crank up HAARP into overload up at Big Bear or somewhere? brb)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who all we may have power or not in joplin area. I'm hearing on weather chanel now, Fema and everyone is rushing there to help. The hospital back-up generators got hit, and they are now closed. They have set-up triage, somehwere, near, I'm sure, but I didn't catch where.

They saying this has wound down a little, but it ain't over yet. Said it gonna come for the next few days?

Hope these small updates, help someone on the net, with limited resources, if you there in the middle of it!

St. louis getting bad lightning, I'm don't even want to look at the tv, I'm just listening to it.

12:23, They are still under tornado warning in Benton, Eastern Benton, moving east. Goshen area.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like they've been talking about tornadoes on the news everyday for a while now.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
It seems like they've been talking about tornadoes on the news everyday for a while now.
Sounds like ya'll gonna hear about it for the next week too.
Hope ya'll all stay safe!

They're gearing up our seasonal, scare you to death, everyday in the news, hurricane tv, now, too.
I think it's more for ratings here, and home depot profits, than actual information.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said there's a chance of tornadoes in Southeast Kansas tomorrow and parts of Oklahoma.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching tv and they said there is another tornado on the ground. Doesn't look like the tornado that's on the ground will hit any towns.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
Watching tv and they said there is another tornado on the ground. Doesn't look like the tornado that's on the ground will hit any towns.
Honey I got an 81 yr old step-mother, in Ga, got no problem sleeping in her interior closet, on my dads old tractor-trailer mattress, jug of water, and a phone. All her friends know, if it ever hit, where they'd find her at.

Ya'll stay safe, keep a heads up, so to say, it's late here, tomorow gonna have plenty to tackle from my end. Ya'll rest for tongiht, and prepare your head, for images, if you've never seen them,or had to live in them, will rock your world, and not in a good way, either.
Stay strong, friends and neighbors, get rest if you can. Much love to you all!

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be moving in june . I hope the weather clears up and everyone out there can stay safe.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
I'll be moving in june . I hope the weather clears up and everyone out there can stay safe.
Well where ya gonna go?
Huuricane season starting up, over here? My reliable sources says Eurecka Calif, may not be a good choice?
Cherkid, stay safe, no matter where you are, or go. Stay in touch too!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
Here's a story from The Joplin newspaper, The Joplin Globe:
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x433426155/Widespread-damage-reported-after-tornado
Still waiting to hear back from my Aunt...
Scott
Dear au24k, if she is anywhere near the worst hit area, making phone calls, will be the last thing on her mind, trust me. Stay in touch with her brothers/sisters/children/parents, as they will be the first to hear from her. (You still in the woods? Got tv?)
I would tell you to call EMC, for a "welfare check", where EMC will go and check on the welfare of someone, but, the whole area is in a "welfare check" right now.
I finally herd from Topeka, they in Denver now. No biggie there.
Let us know, ehwn you learn all is ok with your aunt. Much love to you, hon, P

I ain't gonna be able to look at too much of this today, know I'm with ya'll in spirit.
Many thanks for the live feed, but I just can't listen to that, right now, either. :sad10:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread