tough detecting but i scored a few goodies

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
tough, tough detecting, but enough interesting things to keep me swinging for a few hours...i tried along an old railroad embankment which runs along a lake. there are easy ways to get to the lake but i suspected that some people would probably just try to go down the embankment and i was right! very, very tough searching though. no paths. about a 60 degree slope, all overgrown, trees down and shrubbery all over. not one easy swing amongst the hundreds or maybe over a thousand this morning. i found 5 memorial pennies. that was it for new coins. i found 3 wheaties, the oldest is a 1919 and i think its an S. the other two are D and from the 50's. The V nickel is 1907. it was washed out, just laying on the surface. The IH is a 1903, it was also washed out, just laying on top of the ground. The three silver dimes are two roosies and one of the most worn out mercs i have ever found. also, the honkin heavy bracelt is stamped "sterling". the little ring is cute, it has 3 red stones in it but it doesnt seem to be "real". the pin is pretty cool. the little pitcher is pretty cool.

very interesting finds (didnt know what to expect.....coulda found anything and i wouldnt a been surprised....)and a pretty darn good day (for me) but a tough day. no big silver though darn it!

good luck out there!

Attachments

• 7_3_09_finds.jpg
    7_3_09_finds.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any pics of the watch cleaned up? nice haul :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread