Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy bigguy these are stories that I get told and not my own actions. most people know I lay out good stories every now and then
You wrote it in first person and you just got here 1 day ago so how would any members know it was "just a story"?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not just a story, it's a wopper, one of those deals where the first liar doesn't stand a chance. Except in the navy, nobody lied, they were called "sea stories."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just a story, it's a wopper, one of those deals where the first liar doesn't stand a chance. Except in the navy, nobody lied, they were called "sea stories."
Known some sailors in my life, close friends with a few in my younger days, no doubt they could tell some stories, but none ever told stories of assaulting little old ladies...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Known some sailors in my life, close friends with a few in my younger days, no doubt they could tell some stories, but none ever told stories of assaulting little old ladies...

No, I imagine the story would be more like being assaulted by a little old lady.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few winking emoticons or something would have helped clue us in this was a joke! As TH said you are newer here with just a few posts so it was hard to tell a person's intent.

OP
OP
C

Capt redbeard

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
El Jo bean
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Pirate Pro, Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been here longer then a day but if you say so, And the stories are from Capt.red beard, Some know him in my area as the crazy man with a long red beard who yells at people metal detecting ,tells them to get off his beach, throws sand at people and many other things.

I was simply telling the story from his view point . Some people got it some didn't.

OP
OP
C

Capt redbeard

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
El Jo bean
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Pirate Pro, Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seabee you are 100% right, I am new and thought that was just going out to people in my area and not the whole sight. For that and the confusion I am sorry.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seabee you are 100% right, I am new and thought that was just going out to people in my area and not the whole sight. For that and the confusion I am sorry.

Not a problem Capt! We all like to have a little fun here! :occasion14: Now, Group Hug!! :3some:

dirtfish.magoo

Greenie
Mar 4, 2014
Saratoga Springs, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPRO ~ Teknetics G2
If I ever saw someone show hostility toward an elderly person I would grip them up so fast and.... well you get the point. As people who enjoy the same hobby, we should not act territoral we should come together and unite. In conclusion threadstarter, shame on you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt, TreasureNet is the oldest and largest Treasure Hunting website on the net in the world, your post went world wide to thousands.... LOL..

August 8, 2015 TreasureNet celebrates its 20 birthday..

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been here longer then a day but if you say so, And the stories are from Capt.red beard, Some know him in my area as the crazy man with a long red beard who yells at people metal detecting ,tells them to get off his beach, throws sand at people and many other things.

I was simply telling the story from his view point . Some people got it some didn't.

Your correct Capt, you registered Feb 7, my mistake, you just started posting 2 weeks ago... You were telling it in first person, on a treasure hunting website it comes across as a story about you and can cause problems.

Thanks for correcting it. Please be careful how you present stories as it can cause problems...[emoji106]

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion18:The tourist bringeth, the tourist taketh away

:laughing7: I grew up in a beach town here in California and we have had a long "love/hate" relationship with tourists! When I was younger it was the "Valleys" taking our waves, now it is the same goodies they leave on the beaches! 8-)

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wrote it in first person and you just got here 1 day ago so how would any members know it was "just a story"?

Punching old ladies? I was waiting for him to say he took her keys and refused to give her a penny next! :laughing7:

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yo ho ho and a bottle!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, the individual who thinks he owns the beach has an anger management issue, and the tourist is only
his excuse to let loose. So, get some help already before you get tossed in jail. I don't know how this section of beach was "marked", but short of ropes and stakes, how would anyone know it was your intended area. If I had been threatened, I would have called 911 and let the police sort it out.

But, I have experienced aggressive detectorists who will come and hunt so close to me that our machines start to chatter just because they want to hunt the section of beach I am on or to have the lake to themselves. On more than one occasion I have moved a long distance away from them only to have them come up and hunt right along side of me. I will move once, but not twice, and have stayed and hunted a few feet away from them for as long as it took them to realize I won't be intimidated.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Susan! [emoji106]

I don't mind sharing and I will usually concede 20-30 feet if I come up on someone already hunting to keep from causing interference on detectors, but I want be intimidated either and you never ever want to assault me, I'm always armed.....

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Susan! [emoji106]

I don't mind sharing and I will usually concede 20-30 feet if I come up on someone already hunting to keep from causing interference on detectors, but I want be intimidated either and you never ever want to assault me, I'm always armed.....

That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the 1st post....Try that crap here granny will pull out a 44mag and set you straight

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like the poster needs to take up another hobby, the notion that any portion of beach is his is ridiculous. Besides, those "tourist" provide a lot of revenue and targets on Florida's "public" beaches. Sure, the competition is growing but you just have to learn to live with it. There's still a whole lot of beach out there. Threatening anyone is just what the hobby doesn't need. Maybe try fishing or golfing, maybe you'll have better luck claiming your own section of lake or your very own green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread