Toy gun with prize inside!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I went detecting around a vacant house in Springfield Oregon yesterday ~ I didn't find much, just some clad and a 1946-S Wheat Cent . . . . the best thing I found was a toy pistol . . . . tonight I decided to clean out my pouch of all the trash & treasures . . . . I put the toy pistol under the sink faucet to clean off all the mud from it . . . . it came apart and from inside fell out about 1000 red ants!!! I rinsed those bad boys down the drain so fast! They were hibernating inside the toy gun!!

Attachments

• GUN.jpg
    GUN.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 905
Upvote 0
G

garbage digger

Well at least they didn't come loose on ya while you were out detecting. That may have ruined you're day in a hurry :o

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it a Smith ANT Wesson gun?
That kind of find really bugs me.
;D
-MM-

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o ANTS!!!! :o

Oh no no no no sir!! I have this awful thing about ants ever since I discovered fireants when out in Texas & then living in Florida! Many moooooooons ago mind you but those lil boogers put the fear in me!!! :o I probably would have been screeching & banging the tarnation out of them with that toy gun. . .which the toy gun, by the way, way toooooo cool! ;D

Bogart :D

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
I could handle the ants while out detecting, but if they decided to come out of hibernation only after you got home and into the warmth of the house, that would really be a pain. Good thing you found them in time.

F.

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Wow, the same thing happened to me a few months ago. The cap gun was about 6 or 7 inches deep. Much better shape than yours though. As soon as I pulled it out of the ground they started coming out. It had a smell coming from it, and after about five minutes of shaking the little red devils out of it, I could get it close enough to take a sniff without having them crawling in my beard. It was the strongest smell of Murphys Oil Soap. Even had my hunting buddy smell it to make sure thats what it smelled like. It was near a foundation from a house that had been torn down in the '50s. Ever hear of anything like that before?

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Have to love surprises...

especially when you can put them in the drain quickly!!

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
TODAY I found another toy gun filled with red ants! This time I didn't bring 'em home ~ I opened up the gun and sat it in a tree for an hour or so, then they all were gone when I came back to pick it up before I went home.

I've been detecting for over 13 years now, and this is a first for me ~ and now twice in just a few days!

Attachments

• March10gun.jpg
    March10gun.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 286
  • March10gun.jpg
    March10gun.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 296

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions