OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...updating my own post.haha that is my only point pleasant pipe and that is supposed to look like George Washington.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20120913_230705.png

ForumRunner_20120913_230845.png

ForumRunner_20120913_231414.png

ForumRunner_20120913_232023.png

These are British pre 1840. Anyone like puzzles?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
GatorBoy said:
It must be Pipe week.. I want a tee-shirt. I have found alot of trade pipes most were made before the 1840's and not the style that Point Pleasant made but have found only one like this. If anyone has any info on these please help me out..thanks. well..photo app. Just crashed. Will post soon

I think a pipe week shirt is probable cause. Especially for a bunch of rock hunting hippies like us.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha.. I will never go back there again

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I still have a genuine Native American pipe on my to find list.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
GatorBoy said:

Yeah, Age Old said it! If those are trade pipes, which I know they are, fancy designs tell that. I'm scared I may have allowed an ancient native pipe to get stolen. I displayed one that my dad found years ago at my Jr. High school. We always thought it to be a trade pipe, but I'm second guessing that now. It was green hard unglazed clay with a normal sized pipe bowl and a short stem. The bottom had a triangle "arrowhead" shape below the bowl for looks only or for a grip that would not be so hot. We always thought it was a trade item because the stem "hole" was so perfect. Other than the triangle at the bottom, it was plane Jane? You know if all trade pipes had the Roman looking designs?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
NC field hunter said:
Yeah, Age Old said it! If those are trade pipes, which I know they are, fancy designs tell that. I'm scared I may have allowed an ancient native pipe to get stolen. I displayed one that my dad found years ago at my Jr. High school. We always thought it to be a trade pipe, but I'm second guessing that now. It was green hard unglazed clay with a normal sized pipe bowl and a short stem. The bottom had a triangle "arrowhead" shape below the bowl for looks only or for a grip that would not be so hot. We always thought it was a trade item because the stem "hole" was so perfect. Other than the triangle at the bottom, it was plane Jane? You know if all trade pipes had the Roman looking designs?

I do know that the hole to the stem was larger than the ones you have. Got me thinking again Gator !!??

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The native pipes I'm talking about are crude and large. Yours sounds like a trade pipe.

Age_old

Jul 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:

You let a trade pipe get stolen!? I would be losing a little sleep over that one lol

Age_old

Jul 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GatorBoy said:

I'm sure you'll find one. You seem to be loaded with Indian sites. Did you find those British pipes here in fl?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Age_old said:
You let a trade pipe get stolen!? I would be losing a little sleep over that one lol

That has been years ago. I lost some sleep alright. I know who has it. Old teacher of mine. Got me for a full grooved axe also. Oh yeah, axe that also did not belong to me. My uncle's. I finally found a raised ridge axe and tried to make my uncle take it, he wouldn't . I was telling bird point this a few days back. That teacher handed me the small stuff back like nothing was wrong.

Age_old

Jul 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:
That has been years ago. I lost some sleep alright. I know who has it. Old teacher of mine. Got me for a full grooved axe also. Oh yeah, axe that also did not belong to me. My uncle's. I finally found a raised ridge axe and tried to make my uncle take it, he wouldn't . I was telling bird point this a few days back. That teacher handed me the small stuff back like nothing was wrong.

That's odd for a teacher to take your stuff like that. Must have been upsetting as a kid. Sorry to hear about that

Snakeman

Jan 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RI Pipes

2009 artifacts comp 041.jpg Some pipes found in old dumps or on the beaches in Rhode Island...not too fancy but cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread