Trading dug wheaties

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I know I am not the only one out there having trouble finding some of the low mintage wheaties. My Indian Head folder is a lot more complete (found all but 3) than my early Lincoln folder. I'm still missing 6 from it and 2 from the second folder. I can go on ebay and buy any of them, but I want dug pieces that match the rest of the set. Most of my Indian Heads have a green patina. Some of the early lincolns do, but they seem not to turn green as easily as the Indians. I don't know if it is a different alloy or they just need more time to turn green.

Anyway, I have extras of a lot of the lower mintage Denver pieces that I can trade. I have extras of all from 1915-D forward except 22, 24, 27, 31, 23, 33 and 39. For some odd reason, only one extra 38D and 40D.

I have one extra 16S, 17S, 29S and 30S. I have other S mints too, like four 18S and two 37S, so ask.

I have found full rolls of most of the Philadelphia mint Lincolns, with the exception of 21, 31, 32 & 33, of course. I do have extras of those. I have not cleaned them except to bare the date for IDing them, so a lot of them are still coated with hard packed dirt, but I will bare enough so you can get a good idea of condition and I will take a photo if you want. Some are in great shape under the dirt.

What I am willing to trade for is any 09, 10, 11, 14, 15, 31 or 38 S mint.
Or any 11, 12, 14, or 21 D mint.
For some odd reason, I have never found a 1954 plain or a 1955-S, so those are the only two I am missing from the second folder. I will trade for those two.

The pennies can be shipped, properly secured , in a standard envelope for the price of a stamp, so that should not be an issue. I just fold a piece of paper and put a staple on all four sides of the coin to secure it in the center of the paper. Size the paper to just fit in the envelope so it can't slide around.

If you are interested in a trade, drop me an email at LRGOODGER 'at' gmail 'dot' com and we will work a deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread