Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
sandcreek4 said:
Wouldn't it be neat though if this tree really did point to treasure? Isn't it kinda fun to think that maybe somebody was there at one time and made that tree "deformed" for a reason?.

Nothing like pretending.

Eh?
God Bless ya, SWR, you sure do try and rile people up. Its okay though, I've got a high tolerance for snide remarks.

(But you know if you weren't so opinionated, everyone would like you a lot more---Just saying.......) :hello:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek4:
Have you noticed the third person narrative? Says a lot doesn't it??

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek4:
I did wonder about that---Is this something new? I think we could all benefit so much more with some positive responses. If a person doesn't believe in treasure signs and symbols and find it offensive, wouldn't it just be best to ignore this part of the forum? I really have a hard time understanding all this negativity that turns up on here. It seems like this is an incredibly touchy subject. And I wonder how many people don't post responses or ask questions simply because they don't want to get into arguments?

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek4:
I did wonder about that---Is this something new? I think we could all benefit so much more with some positive responses. If a person doesn't believe in treasure signs and symbols and find it offensive, wouldn't it just be best to ignore this part of the forum? I really have a hard time understanding all this negativity that turns up on here. It seems like this is an incredibly touchy subject. And I wonder how many people don't post responses or ask questions simply because they don't want to get into arguments?

Sandcreek, I like your responses and your patience. I hope some learn from you`re example.

Treasure to some may be getting attention. :dontknow:

Be who you are, this is a neat hobby, stay strong.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC said:
sandcreek4 said:
And I wonder how many people don't post responses or ask questions simply because they don't want to get into arguments?

I posted 2 responses last night to SWR. Then I got word that my dog has cancer and weeks to live. Suddenly sparring with SWR didn't seem very important anymore and I removed them. Maybe we should just let him keep his head in the sand. I just don't have any fight left in me right now.
Hoss :crybaby2:
Hoss--I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. My sister just lost her dog this last year and we all cried and miss him so much--he was the sweetest dog and so good with my kids, he always wanted to protect us. It's amazing how attached we get to our animals. God grant you peace.

Pala Y Pico said:
sandcreek4 said:
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek4:

Sandcreek, I like your responses and your patience. I hope some learn from you`re example.

Be who you are, this is a neat hobby, stay strong.
Thank you Pala Y Pico :hello: --I am going to continue to look for other clues and enjoy God's creation with my wonderful children and my sister. We are Blessed to be able to do these things together and words of doubt do not discourage me. :thumbsup:

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I'm calling B I N G O!

If natives used/made bent trees to mark boundries and what have you.... is it not logical to assume that this method/knowledge may have been taught/adopted by any other group and applied to their needs/motives?

I mean, is this not even remotely possible?

CanadianTrout thinks it is. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CanadianTrout said:

I'm calling B I N G O!

If natives used/made bent trees to mark boundries and what have you.... is it not logical to assume that this method/knowledge may have been taught/adopted by any other group and applied to their needs/motives?

I mean, is this not even remotely possible?

CanadianTrout thinks it is. :icon_pirat:
Deductive reasoning at its best, CanadianTrout :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi sandcreek and canadian trout, someone is lonely and needs attention.

Don't`t jump from the frying pan into the fire. As this is what some crave to survive.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC:
That's just further proof of what KvM wrote many years ago........treasure is being hidden everyday and some folks are just WRONG who think differently. A couple of examples he gave were crooked bankers and lawyers wanting to hide assets from the government as well as their "customers".

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC said:
SWR said:
No. It is not logical at all to use such primitive means to "point" to an alleged "treasure". In the 1860s, there were several mapping methods in use, and folks would have been smart enough NOT to leave multiple marks leading to their "treasure".

Men were smart enough to use latitude/longitude, etc, etc to get exactly where they needed to be. Not having to depend on a tree that might have been killed in the winter, or burned in a fire.
SWR, you know I like you but you are simply talking about something that you know nothing about. Because you read a little but do no actual research. Again, the research will have to come from yourself, not any papers, books, etc. as they don't give an accurate picture of the KGC.

They didn't use primitive means to point to a treasure. It is very precise and complex. A tree doesn't point to a treasure. It contains a piece of information, which is only 1 of many that is needed to get to the treasure. They were smart enough to leave multiple marks, both above ground and below ground just for the reasons you mention. So you have made another bad assumption that these people would simply rely on trees or rocks, which could be destroyed by fire, flood, hurricane, logging, or whatever else could destroy them but this isn't the case. They had a backup plan. They also buried metal objects which also gives the same information that is in the carvings as an alternative way to preserve the data. You make the assumption that this was done 150 years ago. This also is wrong. My research proves that my site was created or somehow involved by a person who I found in the 1930s census to be 15 yrs old at the time. I know his name. I know his father's name who was also in the group. I know his brother's name who was also in the group. I know they were masons. The brother's headstone was found in a nearby cemetery with a masonic symbol on it with a date of death of 1988. I know you won't believe me because there is no changing your mind but I'm trying to show you I'm not just wishing, I'm doing real research. Written records and boots on the ground.

Incidentally, the GPS coordinates of the layout is given in the carvings on my current site. But you could never look at the symbols and figure it out because you choose to continue to leave your head in the sand.
Take care,
Big Hoss
Shortstack said:
Hoss KGC:
That's just further proof of what KvM wrote many years ago........treasure is being hidden everyday and some folks are just WRONG who think differently. A couple of examples he gave were crooked bankers and lawyers wanting to hide assets from the government as well as their "customers".
Thanks Hoss for explaining that so well, it gives everyone a better understanding of how the KGC did things.

And Shortstack, I think it would be hard to even comprehend the amount of money that has been hidden throughout the years. :o

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Nice post, Hoss. I can't fault SWR's skepticism - it's a healthy thing. Unfortunately, he lives in an area where it would be difficult to spend the effort required to convince himself that the group usually referred to in the media as the 'KGC' were as clever and well organized as many have proven to themselves. It's tough to leave one's comfort zone and it's even tougher to try to convince a strong rational mind to do so. Such is life.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
SWR said:
Springfield said:
Nice post, Hoss. I can't fault SWR's skepticism - it's a healthy thing. Unfortunately, he lives in an area where it would be difficult to spend the effort required to convince himself that the group usually referred to in the media as the 'KGC' were as clever and well organized as many have proven to themselves. It's tough to leave one's comfort zone and it's even tougher to try to convince a strong rational mind to do so. Such is life.

Seriously? You feel the need to gossip about SWR, too?

Actually, I totally support almost all of what you post. Even though you're constantly pilloried on this forum (me too, if you'll notice), I respect your willingness to inject reality into the conversations. That doesn't mean you are always correct, however.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek4:
Something else KvM wrote many times and I fully believe; there are enough caches of valuables in every state to keep a person busy for several lifetimes to find. Heck, I know of 2 solid and 1 probable situation that I just kinda "fell" into. Information-wise, that is. One story is about a buried pot the the person SAW while digging it up with his father and uncle, but they were scared off by a very sudden lightning storm......a "hainted" pot as he put it. And, no they never went back. He was 12 years old when it happened and at 73 years old when he told me, his eyes STILL got big as saucers with the telling. He told me where they were.......within a couple of acres. After some further research into the area and after reading somemore about the KGC, I'd ALMOST bet it could be a small satellite cache because of where it is located. No real proof to that though; just a gut feeling. I told my son about it and showed him the area, so that the story won't just die. I'll never get to try the recovery because of the situation at hand.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek4:
Something else KvM wrote many times and I fully believe; there are enough caches of valuables in every state to keep a person busy for several lifetimes to find. Heck, I know of 2 solid and 1 probable situation that I just kinda "fell" into. Information-wise, that is. One story is about a buried pot the the person SAW while digging it up with his father and uncle, but they were scared off by a very sudden lightning storm......a "hainted" pot as he put it. And, no they never went back. He was 12 years old when it happened and at 73 years old when he told me, his eyes STILL got big as saucers with the telling. He told me where they were.......within a couple of acres. After some further research into the area and after reading somemore about the KGC, I'd ALMOST bet it could be a small satellite cache because of where it is located. No real proof to that though; just a gut feeling. I told my son about it and showed him the area, so that the story won't just die. I'll never get to try the recovery because of the situation at hand.
Okay, I got to tell you my mom has had one of those "gut feelings" about a place too, Shortstack. When she was in 4th grade(10 years old) in 1958, her dad had started looking for arrowheads and took her to a creek in NE Okla. This road she and grandpa went down was a dead-end road. And they drove into a big bottom that was planted with wheat and there were deer all over it. There was a white house that sat upon a hill over looking this creek bottom and field. In front of the house were 2 big cement eagles, side by side, flanking the steps that led up to the house. All embedded in the cement steps to the house were arrowheads. Before you got to the house, and next the road was a huge bluff and painted on the bluff was a big white cross--Probably 9 foot tall.
Out in the middle of the field, near the house, was a slough, and on a tree next to it, hung this little sign that said "Mallard Lake". Across the creek from the cross , was a cave that had soldiers names carved into the walls. The old man that owned the property would sit and watch the road.....and usually you could never make it all the way to the house before he would come meeting you and ask you what your business was. The one time that mom and grandpa made it up the drive to his house, he wanted to know what they were doing and grandpa told him "just arrowhead hunting".
About 5 years after meeting the old man, a newspaper man wanted to do a story on grandpa and his arrowheads. When it came out in the paper, the old man called grandpa up and griped him out for telling people there were arrowheads in the county---He said there would be people crawling all over the place and he didn't want them in there. Grandpa hadn't even found the arrowheads on his place, but he was still very protective of his property and the area.
About 5 miles up the creek from the old mans house, on someone else's land, grandpa had been quail hunting and had lost his dog. While looking for the dog, he found a blind canyon---you couldn't see this canyon from along the creek where he'd been hunting. Up at the head of the canyon was a cave, a huge cave where several horses could probably stand inside. In the floor of the cave, grandpa found an old hinge off a strongbox---Mom said the hinge was probably 20"+ long. He always said it was an outlaws cave. Now, when mom was about 11 yrs old, a distant cousin who read treasure magazines, asked her if she knew of a place in Osage County called "Mallard Lake"?
We often wondered if this old man was hiding something. Grandpa even asked him why he painted that cross on the bluff.......And he told grandpa that a man who had been out looking for his "cows" had fell off that bluff. The old man kept that cross painted, year after year after year. And he also kept the "Mallard Lake" sign freshly painted, too. Mom says she can still remember the feeling of driving off into that valley---it would give her chills. And she always wondered why the old man was watching.

Doesn't that sound like Bob Brewer's book and how the KGC got rid of people because they were looking for "cows" in the wrong spot?! You gotta love old stories like this.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
sandcreek4 said:
Doesn't that sound like Bob Brewer's book and how the KGC got rid of people because they were looking for "cows" in the wrong spot?! You gotta love old stories like this.

One has to realize, or understand... that Brewer's book is but a fictional novel. Anything goes, and that's usually logic.

I often wonder how many folks believe there is "treasure" to be found, based on that particular novel. :icon_scratch:
And I often wonder how many people have found treasure because of that particular novel?

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek...That "particular novel" has helped me immensely in understanding my locations. When I first started on my quest I had heard of the KGC but had no knowledge of the group. But I could not ignore the obvious and eventually logic and reason won me over. Many of my clues were put down in the 30's, 40's and even 70's. Brewer helped me get out of that mindset that my map clues (both above and below ground) had not been placed there in the 1860's but much more recent. A few conversations with Brewer also helped the "lightbulb" turn on and I started thinking outside of the box which goes against traditional history that we had been taught in the classroom , or in this case a part of history that has been excluded from the textbooks.

I also hope that Big Hoss doesnt mind me saying this. But I have been conversing with Hoss for several years on the KGC topic. I even have been to Texas and spent a weekend with Hoss so that we could share and compare information. Hoss does not embellish, or exaggerate when it comes to the topic of KGC. He does not need to..as he has personal boots on the ground experience which through research and many trial and error experiences have validated that the KGC did put down a large number of clues to an amazing number of caches in these United States. I will say that in my experience here in Missouri, and Arkansas that most of these cache locations were next to old road's. Many which are no longer in use. (Travelers needed money as stated in Brewers book)The larger caches are in remote areas. I have found maps carved on rocks, trees, dutch ovens, and numerous buried metal pieces. Each piece of the puzzle was methodically put there for a reason. Some clues took me as far as 7 miles away. But I knew what I would find before I even got there.

Sandcreek you are now getting the same boots on the ground experience that many only dream about. Enjoy the hunt, it is a fantastic journey! If Brewer and Hoss wouldnt have shared their experience and knowledge with me I would still be scratching my head and walking around in a confused daze. It is not up to us to convince anyone that we are right. But I have and will share information and let others make up their mind for themselves...Happy Hunting...Steve

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
stevesno said:
I also hope that Big Hoss doesnt mind me saying this. But I have been in conversing with Hoss for several years on the KGC topic. I even have been to Texas and spent a weekend with Hoss so that we could share and compare information.
I don't mind Steve. I enjoyed hanging out at the Texas Treasure show and talking about my favorite subject ;D

Take care,
Big Hoss

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevesno said:
Sandcreek...That "particular novel" has helped me immensely in understanding my locations. When I first started on my quest I had heard of the KGC but had no knowledge of the group. But I could not ignore the obvious and eventually logic and reason won me over. Many of my clues were put down in the 30's, 40's and even 70's. Brewer helped me get out of that mindset that my map clues (both above and below ground) had not been placed there in the 1860's but much more recent. A few conversations with Brewer also helped the "lightbulb" turn on and I started thinking outside of the box against traditional history that we had been taught or in this case...had never been a part of our history lessons.

I also hope that Big Hoss doesnt mind me saying this. But I have been in conversing with Hoss for several years on the KGC topic. I even have been to Texas and spent a weekend with Hoss so that we could share and compare information. Hoss does not embellish, or exaggerate when it comes to the topic of KGC. He does not need to..as he has personal boots on the ground experience which through research and many trial and error experiences have validated that the KGC did put down a large number of clues to an amazing number of caches in these United States. I will say that in my experience here in Missouri, and Arkansas that most of these cache locations were next to old road's. Many which are no longer in use. (Travelers needed money as stated in Brewers book)The larger caches are in remote areas. I have found maps carved on rocks, trees, dutch ovens, and numerous buried metal pieces. Each piece of the puzzle was methodically put there for a reason. Some clues took me as far as 7 miles away. But I knew what I would find before I even got there.

Sandcreek you are getting the same boots on the ground experience that many only dream about. Enjoy the hunt, it is a fantastic journey! If Brewer and Hoss wouldnt have shared their experience and knowledge with me I would still be scratching my head and walking around in a confused daze. It is not up to us to convince anyone that we are right. But I have and will share information and let others make up their mind for themselves...Happy Hunting...Steve
Exactly right, Steve......This little novel was what made us start questioning the things that my mom had seen when she was a girl and also the things we have come across. I had someone here on TNet send me a PM telling me to buy that book and how it might help me. After reading it, I was amazed at how many of the things we find closely resembled those things in Mr. Brewer's book.
Thanks Steve and Hoss, you guys are great! :hello:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rather than poking fun, you really are aggressive SWR. Maybe you ARE a watcher. Sure act like it :dontknow:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux said:
Rather than poking fun, you really are aggressive SWR. Maybe you ARE a watcher. Sure act like it :dontknow:

You will find that NO ONE ELSE on this section of TNet is so consistantly NEGATIVE on KGC posts and Spanish Trail posts than SWR. Any NORMAL person would just ignore these posts that he doesn't agree with and spend his / her time on other sections more in line with their interests. But NOOOooooooo. He insists on staying around here and crapping on other folks' ideas. If everyone here would simply put that guy on "ignore" and LEAVE him there, we all could go about our business in peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread