Trail Marker Tree?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek4 started this thread about a very interesting trail tree they found on an outing in Oklahoma. It began a discussion about Indian trail trees and the POSSIBILITY of it being also used by the KGC.

NOW, it has already gone to page 2 because so many folks have allowed a troll to sidetrack the subject. PLEASE, folks. PUT THAT GUY ON "IGNORE". You have allowed him to accomplish his goal..........DISRUPTION of a good thread.

Congratulations!!!!

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"History is selective spin written by those in control, and rewritten as required by successive controllers. SWR, if you are skeptical about anecdotal history, fine. However, swallowing dogma can be quite comfortable intellectually, but may be equally in error. The 'truth' is a slippery rascal."

Big Hoss, you are OK, thank you for your input, others and I appreciate that you choose to share with us.

SWR, Springfield comment above is very sagacious. You should focus on "anedoctal" and "dogma", Once you under stand them you will be better off. Springfield reached out to you, be nice and respond to his comment.

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfields comment, that I would like you to answere is a WOW, and you could say that backwards, if you want, WOW.

How about you stop running around and anwere springfields comment. Or long enough so someone can give you a hug.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Hoss KGC said:
SWR said:
Dearest good friend Hoss...

Dearest good friend SWR,
I really think you have a serious problem. You need help quick.

You continue to post off topic by simply yelling at others for doing the same. In the meantime, no one is learning anything new about the KGC because you pollute the forums talking about something you know nothing about. Your bantering simply deters me from wanting to say anything more about it. Maybe that is your motive. If not, then your ways are having the opposite effect.
Your dearest good friend,
Big Hoss

There is a point when a poster becomes merely a disruptive detractor. Even though I've frequently agreed with SWR's posts in the past, I reluctantly will put him on 'Ignore'.

Voice of Reason

Sep 20, 2011
Them Thar Hills
Hi Hoss :hello:

I have a very sincere question to ask you which has nothing to do with this ongoing and heated argument, but is relevant to this thread.

You mentioned "things hidden in topo maps" in one of your earlier posts to this thread. I have never heard of such things and the idea is astounding. Could you, or would you be so kind as to expand on this idea? Maybe, possibly even give us an example of such things hidden in topo maps. I'm not asking for any of your secrets, nor do I wish to contest your discoveries, but rather - I am genuinely curios to what could be hidden in topos and how.

Thanks Hoss and be well.
VoR

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Voice of Reason said:
Hi Hoss :hello:

I have a very sincere question to ask you which has nothing to do with this ongoing and heated argument, but is relevant to this thread.

You mentioned "things hidden in topo maps" in one of your earlier posts to this thread. I have never heard of such things and the idea is astounding. Could you, or would you be so kind as to expand on this idea? Maybe, possibly even give us an example of such things hidden in topo maps. I'm not asking for any of your secrets, nor do I wish to contest your discoveries, but rather - I am genuinely curios to what could be hidden in topos and how.

Thanks Hoss and be well.
VoR

Hello, VoR:
I am obviously not Hoss KGC, but I can give you one thing I found on a topo map. I spotted a helipad in the middle of NO and WHERE, southwest of the end of the Carlsbad Caverns Park area. No facilities; no roads except a rough dirt track. NO, it was not one of the Forest Services' facilities because (1) it would have been labeled as such and (2) again...NO facilities. I'd heard rumors through the years about the U.S. Government using some of the "closed" sections of the Caverns for "special storage", but that helipad wasn't near any of the labeled entrances.......even the ones tagged as closed to the public. Have you ever wondered WHERE all those gold bars in Victorio Peak were moved to? Just asking. Toward the end of 1947, there were some groups of very interesting, but out-of-place folks who were visiting the Caverns as part of tour groups..........sorta. I read stories describing some of those folks in the local newspapers when I was doing some research into another BIG story about something that happened in 1947.
If I lived in New Mexico, one of the areas I would do a LOT of exploring would be the westside of the Carlsbad Caverns Park; on the backside of the ridge. I'd be looking for some of those "closed to the public" entrances or even some that were not "DISCOVERED" yet. LOL Just a thought.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Booyah :headbang: ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1595 (650x495).jpg
    IMG_1595 (650x495).jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_1594 (650x525).jpg
    IMG_1594 (650x525).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 656

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MOST EXCELLENT!!!!! Carefully consider what you post. :coffee2:

and PLEASE use that "ignore" button for troll control. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:

Yes, I have put to use the "ignore" button.
Got a question---Did the KGC or other groups use multiple signs in a close area that point at the same direction or next sign? This iron pointer we found is in very close relation to another sign(like maybe 4 feet from it) and they both point us towards the south. The reason I ask is because one is above ground and the other below ground. That way if one sign was removed, they would still have the other sign to point the way?

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC said:
sandcreek4 said:
Got a question---Did the KGC or other groups use multiple signs in a close area that point at the same direction or next sign? This iron pointer we found is in very close relation to another sign(like maybe 4 feet from it) and they both point us towards the south. The reason I ask is because one is above ground and the other below ground. That way if one sign was removed, they would still have the other sign to point the way?
This is from my experience so take it for what it's worth. There is a marker/clue layout. This is the backup plan I spoke about earlier in the thread. Then there is the actual treasure layout. If you are finding clues that close together, then you are most probably in the marker layout. These can be very close to each other but should be directing you to different markers, not duplicates of each other. They are there to give important information needed to follow the treasure layout. The treasure layout isn't in the same place. It is located elsewhere.
Big Hoss
Thanks Hoss--that helps so much......We wondered why there seems to be two different areas.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Way to go sandcreek! How exciting.

Uncovering history one shovel full at a time - hehe.

Between you and hoss (and thanks Hoss so much) I'm encouraged to relook at something I found. No matter how I approached it, it ended up at a pile of rocks that I did not like.

You efforts both, will give me a different way to look at it. Very much enjoying your journey thanks.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Shortstack said:

Yes, I have put to use the "ignore" button.

EXCELLENT, AGAIN!! Now, if everyone else on this thread will do the same thing, we can discuss this
subject comfortably and all of the PROs and CONs can be looked at.

Now......back to the subject at hand. Are you plotting the locations and compass headings onto an accurate map? A topo map would be a good choice. Of course we've talked about that, last year, on another thread.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmm !!!! I see by the "SHOW POST" button that there's a troll "trolling" for a nibble on his hook. Well, I just look at that button, laugh like h---, and pass it on by. That gets reeeeal easy to do; very quickly. :coffee2:

Sandcreek4:
Out of curiosity, can you tell us what that item was that you found above ground, giving a matching heading to the buried thing? I've read accounts of short lengths of steel chain being laid out. Pieces of pipe have also been used. I kinda wonder if the number of links in a piece of chain could tie into the distance / heading values.

Voice of Reason

Sep 20, 2011
Them Thar Hills
Wow, thank you HossKGC for so generously posting those images above. I have never seen anything like that and was curios to see what you were describing. Much appreciated. :icon_thumright: That's some very interesting stuff you're on to, thanks for sharing.

with gratitude,
VoR

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Hmmmmmm !!!! I see by the "SHOW POST" button that there's a troll "trolling" for a nibble on his hook. Well, I just look at that button, laugh like h---, and pass it on by. That gets reeeeal easy to do; very quickly. :coffee2:

Sandcreek4:
Out of curiosity, can you tell us what that item was that you found above ground, giving a matching heading to the buried thing? I've read accounts of short lengths of steel chain being laid out. Pieces of pipe have also been used. I kinda wonder if the number of links in a piece of chain could tie into the distance / heading values.
SS--this trail tree and newest iron pointer ties in directly with the "J" rock from my other post.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
i guess you have to be a charter member to hijack
threads and harass people and get away with it
this site needs a remove from post button to go
with the ignore

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread