Trail Signs and Monuments-Spanish or Somebody Else

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats some awesome work Mdog. Thanks for posting it. A ton of info, and photos. Yea i think if someone tried to dig there without knowing, it wouldn't be to good for them at all. They do all that Beautiful stone work. Then some people think there just gonna waltz right in there and dig and it will be like taking candy from a baby. Like all of a sudden they are to dumb to make a deadly trap. SPLAT!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to show some shadow art and you can decide for yourself whether or not you think they are natural or man made.

This rock face is on the south side of a bluff and it's a good time of the year to look for shadow art because there are no leaves on the trees. The shadows we will be looking at are on the right side of the cliff and one is shaped like a bird and the other is shaped like a boot. East is to the right. Here's a picture of the cliff.

View attachment 1696344

These are the photos that you mentioned earlier , aren't they? You got them right on the the edge of the Equinox.
The Roadrunner has held his own. It took the boot a few shots to develop.

How long did you wait between shots? That takes a set of skills that most of us have a hard time developing. I think that most of the details still have crisp lines.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thats some awesome work Mdog. Thanks for posting it. A ton of info, and photos. Yea i think if someone tried to dig there without knowing, it wouldn't be to good for them at all. They do all that Beautiful stone work. Then some people think there just gonna waltz right in there and dig and it will be like taking candy from a baby. Like all of a sudden they are to dumb to make a deadly trap. SPLAT!

Yes, I think so too. I think the white rock was meant to catch attention. You would need a rope or ladder to get up there and if something collapsed you better be real fast running down the hill.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these are manmade, I think they were meant to represent an Egyptian King and his Queen. The King is the boot profile and the queen is the profile to his upper right.

mdog, I can appreciate the time that you put into the project. I know more from seeing it in time lapse than i did when you were just able to spend the time that you had, moving around and coming back at odd moments, trying to cover all of the site.
You did a great job.
Thanks for sharing.
#/;0{>~

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Mdog,

Very few people have your photo-taking technique so well accomplished. Well done, Sir. It's a pleasure to follow up on your remarks.

Most signs/marks are Directional. They seem to take you to another place further up, East.

The mound with the shiny white rock is hard to discern, weather is a D.T. or not. More close-ups are needed to establish that. However, that is not an easy task and surely not for a single person without a partner's help. As you well said, trying to dig would be tempting the fate even for the most adventurous.
Given the visible information so far, it may not be warranted. But who knows...? Maybe there is something there out of sight, still.

Thank you for posting the pictures and explanations. I'm sure it will help others understand that kind of set-ups and how proper pictures should be taken.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
These are the photos that you mentioned earlier , aren't they? You got them right on the the edge of the Equinox.
The Roadrunner has held his own. It took the boot a few shots to develop.

How long did you wait between shots? That takes a set of skills that most of us have a hard time developing. I think that most of the details still have crisp lines.

#/;0{>~

All I had was my I pad. I took a picture every three minutes. When I got home, I picked out the best pictures and put them on my computer where I resized and cropped them. They turned out pretty good but it was just dumb luck.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog,

Very few people have your photo-taking technique so well accomplished. Well done, Sir. It's a pleasure to follow up on your remarks.

Most signs/marks are Directional. They seem to take you to another place further up, East.

The mound with the shiny white rock is hard to discern, weather is a D.T. or not. More close-ups are needed to establish that. However, that is not an easy task and surely not for a single person without a partner's help. As you well said, trying to dig would be tempting the fate even for the most adventurous.
Given the visible information so far, it may not be warranted. But who knows...? Maybe there is something there out of sight, still.

Thank you for posting the pictures and explanations. I'm sure it will help others understand that kind of set-ups and how proper pictures should be taken.

Thanks Maverick. I can’t get up close to the shadows, so I can’t look for chisel marks or any other evidence of tooling. If these shadows are created by man, do you have any idea what group would have the skills to do such a thing?

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1696362

The nose has grown right to the point of the sun triangle and everything is starting to break up. I report...you decide.

Appears to be all naturally occurring, but your imagination is apparently vivid...???
Many people, have posted pics of good various treasure markers, absolutely obviously
done by man, & y'all either scoffed, mocked, or ignored them. Which really makes
it rather obvious, who your buddies are, complimenting you on this? Really? :icon_scratch:
Well, for being so opinionated against others on the real thing, like you've
been at times, sorry, but this is really seeming to be stretching,
reaching pretty far out there. Maybe your fellow mockers
want you to believe it. It works both ways, doesn't it?

Beginner 101... Who doesn't know this? A ton, beautiful...:occasion14:

Mdog,

Nice write-up, from a True Treasure Hunter Mocker...
Would be funny, if it weren't so sad... To patronize,
leaving no doubt as to yours, & your friends true
motives. Calling those things that be not as though
they really were something. This is reality, and not
really so fair to mdog, who apparently needs much
more help than just your biased, unreal mockery.8-)

People that are actually studying this stuff, really
deserve a lot more than this, from supposedly
experienced, knowledgeable Treasure Hunters...
That's apparently why you've posted nothing,
of any real kind of true value, 'cept youtube
...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Appears to be all naturally occurring, but your imagination is apparently vivid.:laughing7:
Many people, have posted pics of good various treasure markers, absolutely obviously
done by man, & y'all either scoffed, mocked, or ignored them. Which really makes
it rather obvious, who your buddies are, complimenting you on this? Really? :icon_scratch:
Well, for being so opinionated against others on the real thing, like you've
been at times, sorry, but this is really seeming to be stretching,
reaching pretty far out there. Maybe your fellow mockers
want you to believe it. It works both ways, doesn't it?

Beginner 101... Who doesn't know this? A ton, beautiful...:occasion14:

Nice write-up, from a True Treasure Hunter Mocker...
more help than just your biased, unreal mockery.:laughing7:

of any real kind of true value, 'cept youtube
...:thumbsup:

I had a feelin' THIS was coming. .....Out of mm-mm-meds?

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
""Nice write-up, from a True Treasure Hunter Mocker...
more help than just your biased, unreal mockery.

of any real kind of true value, 'cept youtube ...""

BlueFish,...dat you again?

View attachment 1696992

View attachment 1696993

View attachment 1696994

Gotta be careful. dear...

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

View attachment 1696992

View attachment 1696993

View attachment 1696994

I laughed so damn hard, after watching the video, I couldn’t stop. Thanks for a good laugh on a Friday night.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Mdog, we'll get to more serious stuff, soon after The-News-Delivery-People will let us.

But for those who feel the need to Cut in the front line with Personal NEWS, ....this may happen to them......

.....it's part of the Karma's bag of tricks. (Lol)

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
All I had was my I pad. I took a picture every three minutes. When I got home, I picked out the best pictures and put them on my computer where I resized and cropped them. They turned out pretty good but it was just dumb luck.

I want ta thank ye Mdog, fer posting tha time lapse pics of yer shadow signs. :notworthy: I have been studying up on 'em but hadn't seen too many pics that showed tha progression as ta how they form. Purty interestin stuff. I appreciate ye. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I want ta thank ye Mdog, fer posting tha time lapse pics of yer shadow signs. :notworthy: I have been studying up on 'em but hadn't seen too many pics that showed tha progression as ta how they form. Purty interestin stuff. I appreciate ye. :icon_thumright:

You are very welcome, Ol’ Kentuck. I can’t get up there to look for tool marks, so I can’t say that the art is fashioned by man. The people who owned this land, during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, were very wealthy and were quite capable of creating a cache site. About 1880, they were visited by a guy, with KGC connections. This man stayed in the area for ten years. He was a professional plaster sculpture so he could have had the talent to create things, like what I’ve shown. I’m not sure if a cache was hidden, but about 1906, a groundskeeper was hired to live on site and to keep uninvited people away. If there ever was a cache, it was probably moved before 1928, when the family no longer owned the property.

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
v

You are very welcome, Ol’ Kentuck. I can’t get up there to look for tool marks, so I can’t say that the art is fashioned by man. The people who owned this land, during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, were very wealthy and were quite capable of creating a cache site. About 1880, they were visited by a guy, with KGC connections. This man stayed in the area for ten years. He was a professional plaster sculpture so he could have had the talent to create things, like what I’ve shown.

Very interestin, if tha man stayed there fer 10 years, up through 1890 or more, he woulda been there when tha big depression was about ta hit in '93. That woulda been a good reason ta start caching some stuff away fer safety sake.

I'm a little late finding this thread and ye may have already answered this question and I missed it, but how did ye determine tha guy had KGC connections?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Very interestin, if tha man stayed there fer 10 years, up through 1890 or more, he woulda been there when tha big depression was about ta hit in '93. That woulda been a good reason ta start caching some stuff away fer safety sake.

I'm a little late finding this thread and ye may have already answered this question and I missed it, but how did ye determine tha guy had KGC connections?

There was a manuscript that mentioned the guy in connection with the area of the cache and the family that owned the land. The man was also mentioned in a book that was published in the 1930’s. The author knew the man, through family connections, and she wrote that after the Civil War, the guy, who was a Confederate, moved to California where he associated with members of the KGC.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Still won't watch any 'o yer squirrely stuff...
Really, I only watch classic rock & country.
Is that all ye got? That's pretty puny...
But I am pretty careful...8-)
So don't worry, I get ya' gents...

Still, you should be on the crick bank...
huntin' potentially clued rocks.
... :sunny: :fish:
:cross:
... ~:Crosse:~ ...

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Mdog, we'll get to more serious stuff, soon after The-News-Delivery-People will let us.

But for those who feel the need to Cut in the front line with Personal NEWS, ....this may happen to them......

.....it's part of the Karma's bag of tricks. (Lol)

Still won't even watch yer propaganda or supposedly funny bag of tricks... sorry.
But now if ye had a good music video, I might get yer message, or spirit of mind...:cross:

I have to admit though, you do come off pretty cute... LOL:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread