Treasure Boat For Sale

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We are offering the "GOLD HAWG" for sale. She is a proven treasure hunter and finder - best known for bringing ashore the Gold Pelican of the 1715 fleet.
Currently working 1715 Fleet as C-11 - home port in Ft Pierce, FL. Just launched with fresh bottom paint Feb.

30' Daniels Brothers West Coast Fisherman hull. CAT 3208TA Diesel, 375 hp, rebuild in 2010. Prop is 22x23. Aluminum mailbox mounted on transom. Davit on aft deck.

Standard Horizon CP300 GPS chartplotter, 7" color display. Sitex LCD CVS-106 sounder, VHF, Guest marine battery charger, 1 8-D & 2 - 6 volt deep cycle batteries. All gauges, wiring, hoses, steering, controls new in 2010. Racor. Stainless dry exhaust (no worries anchored in a swell)

USCG documented vessel. Easy and economical boat to handle and work - Use a 3-point anchor system - no anchor boat needed. Run now myself and one in crew.
9 knots at 1500 rpm - top speed 17 knots on plane. Used an average of 7 gal a day last year - average 10-12 holes per day in 6-8 ft sand, 15-18 feet water. 2 miles to site.

GOLD HAWG is a tough commercial boat that is perfect for the 1715 Fleet sites. We are looking to rig a bigger vessel as treasure hunting opportunities beckon ........ she has served us well and it will be hard to let go but time to go for a Big Hawg as there is so MUCH MORE to bring ashore!

Price REDUCED TO $25,000 OBO. Call Capt. Bonnie 772-696-0352 E-mail: [email protected]

hawg bottom.jpg See: www.goldhawgtreasure.com hawg stern view.jpg FB page is goldhawgtreasure

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very nice Ship, i want one its far for me and i dont have the monney. I wish you luck. HH, Hamid

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Delayed reply Dell - haven't been on here in awhile. As far as wet exhaust would need to change the manifold but in my mind the dry exhaust is a plus - stainless, custom made in Miami and no worry about water backing up in a swell - nearly all the commercial fishing boats go with a dry exhaust - had a good friend tell me once he couldn't sleep on a boat with a wet exhaust! Yes it is noisy!! As far a flybridge - there is a console for that half-tower (it came off the Hatteras) - would take a set of controls which I have, and you would have to change the lower helm station hub to a dual cable (she has mechanical steering) unit - plus cable - have been meaning to price it myself - the helm unit and cable new on her now was less than $200 (I do my own labor and I'm not worth much). Could also switch to hydraulic but would be around $800 - pretty simple installation. We are diving now and she is running great - will cancel the ad if I can sell the Pelican or the other boat! sorry I didn't get much chance to talk to you at cookout. Bonnie

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bonnie, The "Gold Hawg, is my kind of work boat. Easy access to everything, rugged, and well maintained.

At the moment, I'm still kicking tires, and looking for something a bit larger, with twin engines. But, I will have to make a decision pretty soon

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bump for a nice boat owned by very nice people.

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
$25,000 make offer! Out of water at Riverside Ft Pierce and getting her ready to launch! Will be putting her in without blower as planning a trip if no buyers now - great time to see her out of water if you are interested.

This summer - swimming back from checking anchors (time for a quick free-dive check is worth it - sometimes moving anchor just a foot gets a better set especially in an area that's been blown)- blower partially lowered - when I get back to transom Mom lowers the rest of the way and I pin.
at anchor.jpg

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Draft: 4'
Head: No
Bunks: 2
Galley: Right now just a counter with a small 110v fridge underneath, sink not plumbed. Planned to add microwave and carry a small portable generator.
Generator: No

Bahama Jim

Feb 4, 2013
Detector(s) used
minelab Excaliber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking for another dive boat, where you keeping her tied up.

OP
OP
captbonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SOLD!

Mom and I took Gold Hawg to Eleuthera in June and sold her there. She is now a Bahamian fishing vessel going for stone crabs. Very pleased: she is good hands and in clear water! (and we had a great trip as a bonus :thumbsup:)

Capt. Bonnie Schubert
Gold Hawg Treasure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread