Treasure Chest Found !!!

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and i went metal detecting at an old festival grounds today. While walking across the site, i noticed a broken treasure chest laying on the ground. It appeared that someone had beat me to it as it was empty. Less that 5 feet away i got a signal and dug up the large pin and then another signal and another and another, etc. I pulled 12 pieces of jewelry out of a 2 foot circle. Unfortunately the pirates that got to the box first must have took all of the gold and silver. Later, i found the heart. It says " My Heart Will Guide You Home" on one side and there is a compass on the other. There were several other interesting finds along with the usual trash. All of the jewelry in the pics above the coins is from the treasure chest. All in all a good afternoon. Oh, my daughter found another sterling ring.

Attachments

• IMG_3780.JPG
    IMG_3780.JPG
    771.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3783.JPG
    IMG_3783.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 3

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty awesome!

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Arghh beaten to the booty!

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I implore you to do the right thing. Fill it with all the scrap iron and other undesirables, Take it to a park, one which you know others MD frequently, and bury it. But not so far down that a rookie can't find it. Call it GeoMding :laughing9:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
mariposagold said:
I implore you to do the right thing. Fill it with all the scrap iron and other undesirables, Take it to a park, one which you know others MD frequently, and bury it. But not so far down that a rookie can't find it. Call it GeoMding :laughing9:

Sir; that is a fine idea. I like your style.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had thought on the way home that i should have brought the box home and fixed it. I will next time up. Then fill it with more junk jewelry and hide it back on site with a treasure map hidden in the pirate ship on the site. Sure to be fun for someone!

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had thought on the way home that i should have brought the box home and fixed it. I will next time up. Then fill it with more junk jewelry and hide it back on site with a treasure map hidden in the pirate ship on the site. Sure to be fun for someone!

Ahh, the Treasure map. That makes is ALLLLL Perfecto.

tin finder

Greenie
May 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,my bud Gary & I just saw & read your post. Cool find. What state did u d-tekt?

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time i detect in the state of confusion but i live in Virginia.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I implore you to do the right thing. Fill it with all the scrap iron and other undesirables, Take it to a park, one which you know others MD frequently, and bury it. But not so far down that a rookie can't find it. Call it GeoMding

Sir; that is a fine idea. I like your style.

I'm game for that one, it's a great idea.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, This is an update on the treasure chest. I brought it home with me on the next trip up and rebuilt it. After talking with the people that run the festival, I filled 4 one gallon bags with costume jewelry and strands of beads. The festival is this weekend and they are posting a treasure map in the chest where all the kids can see it. It leads them thru a series of fun challenges and first one to complete the challenges each day gets a bag of treasure. I am taking up a large pile of mardi gras beads to be passed out to the kids that aren't the first each day. I'll try to get some pics up later.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread