Treasure Clue, can you help?

C

cegodsey

I have no doubts. If it wasn't found, then this is the most work anybody has put into a hoax. For those that want more info, goto
http://tweleve.org/forum and then to topic "Page 44" and then "Dragonfly clues"

They said that none of the text was used for the answer to the location. It used the 5x5 box with A-Z (minus Q) and the leaf veins on pg 44 giving the row and column coordinates to spell out RICKETTSGLENFALLSTRAILSIGN. Go see for yourself...

C

cegodsey

I think I know now how to do the SPIDER puzzle.? We now know the box is A-Z (less Q), and that there are 5 colors on the spider pages (20 & 21), maroon, blue, black, yellow, and green.? We need to assign a number to the color.? The celtic knots below the spider are row or column, and the knots above the spider are the other (column or row).? I think the first set of numbers would be like from the center of the celtic knots.? I don't think you read the knots in a clockwise or counter-clockwise way, I think you match the spot on each knot to the spot on the next knot, as in, from page 20 above the spider, you would read Green-Maroon-Blue-Black ... or Black-Maroon-Black-Maroon (going up the knots, staying in the same portion of knot to obtain the color for that knot).? I don't think I'm being clear, but if you start with the center of the knot, you would get Maroon-Blue-Green-Green-Black by looking at each center going towards the top from the spider.

Ok, going up is just one of the coordinates.? Going down, the question is, which part of the knot is to be mapped with the ones going up? It could be that just the centers need to be mapped.? I've got to go to work, or I'd be doing this right now.? Oh, the colors were added by computer later.? The background color is not a color.? Anyhow, on a regular 5x5 grid, starting with A at the top left, and Z at the lower right, the coordinates 13 would be either K or C.? That's just an example.? ?

I believe that's how you solve this puzzle, and I expect someone to report that they have the spider token in hand when I get back, OK?? :D

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Bamacherf , I can't imagine how hard this is for you , but thanks for the info . I hope you are still on the hunt and that htis hasn't stopped you , but is keeping you going . I hope after all the effort you gave that you do find a token to make up for the one that got away.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
here is the token pic:
token8el.jpg

M

markl

Re: Mushrooms on page 100

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I've been working on ATT alot lately.

If you use a standard 5X5 on the dots on the mushrooms on page 100, you get the following letters (2 different sets for 2 different types of mushrooms).

ERLAVOP WAOSNEGP

I anagram this to OVERLAP PAGES NOW

Although, I'm not sure if that is correct. Anybody else tried this?

The reason I bring this up is I found another clue involving the tree character on page 27.
At the very bottom of him in yellow you can make out the number '86'
If you look on page 86, there he is, except he is shaded out in gray. Also, his mouth has been opened

Any thoughts?

C

cegodsey

not quite what i got, but i must admit, you are very observant. for the first set i got ERLAPPE - which is almost reapply.

and that end page, it kinda looks like one of those that you would find on the back cover of MAD magazine.

B

Black-Beard

The ATT web site does state that the dragonfly token is missing, but can't say it's been redeemed until 2007...

C

cegodsey

MarkL - I checked the other sites, saw your post on tweleve.org. Besides you, mommaegerer was about the same - she got what I got (I've been doing this too long, confused 53 with a 51).

I guess it depends on how you view the third mushroom. When I overlapped that page and the next, I got to see a red haired fairy lick a mushroom. The way I feel now. Maybe I've got the wrong pages? Lemme try anagramming with the letters the way I see them.

D

Dkos2

Hey Guys,

I guess I believe that the token had to be found but i am very disappointed because MS did say the clues were in the pages of the book not on the clues he gave. I thought it might have had something to do with the 5x5 box when i realized that no one had really solved the actual puzzle, and kind of overlooked the information that was there. If this is so MS stated that he didn't want the same person to kind each token so he might release the clues after a couple of months on purpose so it gives everyone an equal advantage. Even with this said i continue to be dissappointed that the clues to find this token were not as MS said inside the pages of the book. Also someone posted that MS said at a book signing you will know which token you are going for when you figure it out, with the clues about the 5x5 box it said nothing about the dragonfly being the token that was going to be there.
DKOS

D

Dkos2

Sorry for posting again so soon but also why was the token so rusty and old looking, i didn't think MS would leave them in the middle of nowhere i thought that they were supposed to be in tree holes? Also does anyone the exact location of the token i dont think he could have left it right on top of a sign because someone would have saw it to obvious. Was there any cameras or devices to make sure it was still there??

H

hoppperr

Well, somewhere he said if you "read the book AND look carefully at the illustrations"....

There could still be puzzles solved entirely by reading the book. ?You never know.

The way they knew it was the dragonfly is that the dragonfly is in the picture on 44 at the top left, and in the "B" on page 25, which they used to overlay on the map of the park.

H

hoppperr

The rust was from the ring used to secure the token. He found it in a very small knothole--he said he could only fit two fingers inside. There are pictures at Tweleve Forum. Don't know about cameras.

K

Kentucky Kache

After browsing the 12.org site, I would like to tip my hat to the moderaters of this site (treasurenet).
We still believe in freedom of speech. Great job guys.

K

Kentucky Kache

cegodsey--Sorry about being a little dense, but how do you use this?

C

cegodsey

I'm not going to say what state it is here. But, I have checked a map of the location and compared it with the fairies map, and it is exact! She points to the exact location! You can't imagine how frustrating this is. CMSCHUT - you may be closer than me, I'm not sure. I'll have to drive through 1.5 states to get to it. You'll notice I took off my post with the pics, because it is just really obvious. I don't want anyone other than the people that post here getting it. We need recognition for our work too!

C

cegodsey

OK, I just removed a bunch of posts because we don't want anyone outside of our little clic getting ahold of the info. I have solved the snail puzzle and will be heading out soon to go get it. The fairy's map matches up exactly with the online map of the location. It is a real simple solution, I hope I can get to it before someone from one of the other forums does. You just can't believe how excited I am! Thanks Omincognic for waking me up to reality!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread