Treasure Clue, can you help?

Y

your old pal, Vic

Is it just a coincidence that the YORAH treee, when you look at it in its entirety, looks like the head of a dragon? The dark spot on the right is the eye. The branch that extends to the right is part of it's open mouth. Anyway, there are a lot of pictures of dragons but no story element containing dragons. Don't know what this means. Maybe MS just likes dragons.

L

LitDoc

On a roll here! ?How about "tweleves" anagramming to "wet elves." ?Except there in only one (half) elf in the story and no whole elves. ?Why are there only fairies (which are said to be Ana's cousins) but no other elves in the story?

K

kregger

Hello every one,
? ?I went on my road trip this weekend. ?Sorry to say nada. ?I went to the Moon tree in eastern Ohio in Jefferson county. It is in a fairly remote area of Ohio. ?I liked Carol's clue for rare trees and the possible reference of moon trees. ?What could be more rare than forty odd trees around the country that traveled off planet? ?One of the sides of the rubix clue could have said "not pisg(e)h" a reference to a moon tree in the Pisg(a)h Mountain range in North Carolina. ?There may be tokens at other Moon trees, but not the one in Ohio. ?It was an easy pick for me. I live a couple of hours away and it was a fine drive to see rural America. If any one can redefine the clue for Columbus, Ohio ?again I will travel that way. ?When I pulled up to the moon tree I could see a stump very nearby, ?I was ready to reach in and grab my token,alas it was for not. ?Like every one else on this adventure, I had fun in the search and felt better for being proactive instead of standing on the side lines watching. ?I'm looking forward to my next brain fart and hit the road again! ?search on> Kregger

bamacherf

Mar 13, 2005
Alabama
If you want to head in a new direction to solving this book go to ATT forum and look up the pws1111 logical path 2,3,4 he explains how he believe the poem guides you to decoding the text and finding a hidden message that will lead to the tokens. Just food for thought

D

Dkos2

Hey, Guys

I just found out finally how to send messages i have been meaning to ask if anyone has thought about tokens being located at a library because Stadther said a public place, and anyone who can read can figure out the exact location. Well most people who can read go to the library once in awhile?? just a thought. i will be writing more often now and good luck everyone

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Dkos2, I'm glad you figured out how to post and welcome ! I had actually thought of that idea also , but not the way you did and to me it makes sense . Everything you need to help figure out the clues would be at a library and it would be right before our eyes .Also books and paper is made from trees . Library's are a repository. I think it was our old pal vic that got me thinking about library's . good idea Dkos. what does anyone else think ?

D

Dkos2

Hey Everyone

Has anyone notices the same fairy on page 52,69,and 88? The fairy on page 52 is just facing different than the other two, does anyone think that this has some kind of significance? and all of them seem like they are pointing to something specific. I believe they play a major role in something and that there might be a significance in what they are pointing at. Does anyone else see anything

Dkos2

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Vic - you mentioned the serpents in the book - this has been driving me crazy - what significance do they have? And what about the hooded guys on the bottom of page 78? They just don't seem to go with anyhting we've discussed. Zuse

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Sorry for another quick post, but I'm still hung up on the moon trees idea. Unlike trees in the forest, these would be protected, and not likely to be in a wildfire, cut down, etc.

There are second-generation moon trees (half-moon trees) that were planted from seeds or cuttings from original moon trees. Here are the public locations that I've found, if it would help anyone:

Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, AL (sycamore)

Ultra Powers Co, Blue Lake, CA (redwood)

MSAS Astronomy Village, Lake Arrowhead, CA (sycamore)

Museum of Science & Industry, Tampa, Fl (sycamore)

National Interagency Fire Center, Boise, ID (sycamore)(planted spring, 2002)

Alder Park School, Libertyville, Il (sycamore)

Greenbriar Elem School, Indianapolis, IN (sycamore)

Living Heritage Tree Museum, Storm Lake, IA (sycamore)

Louisville Zoo, Louisville, KY (sycamore)

Historic Tree Museum, Unionville, MO (sycamore)

Lasdon Park & Arboretum, Somer, NY (sycamore)

Guilford College, Greensboro, NC (sycamore)

Sloan Park, Rowan County, NC (sycamore)

Arlington National Cemetary, Arlington, VA (sycamore) (just planted Feb 2005)

Zuse

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
Interesting, Zuse. Did you notice that if you leave off the one planted two months ago, after the book was published, that you have a list of 13 half-moon trees????!!!!

Gemini

T

Trapape

There are just too many coincidences in this book they are driving me crazy. Good notice on your part Gemini. Glad to see your still in on the game.

T

Trapape

Litdoc, Your anagramming of tweleve is very unique. Does it change the meaning of the poem or the way that it can be interpretated in your opinion? I'll need to think on that for a little while. Maybe it helps with solving the location of one of the tokens. Something to think about.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Zuse glad you weren't giving up the moon tree angle . ?HALF is everywhere in the booK . Secret is not half but is not whole. Ana's ?a halfling . i notice all trees are planted near repository's of some kind also . nice to see one in mo. thanks for the list i'm still also liking the library idea too.

K

kstreasurehunter

It really doesn't make sense, to me, that he would hide the tokens in moon trees, regardless of the coincidences you may find. Even the idea that the tokens are in the same cities as moon trees seems like a stretch. Would he really make it that easy to find the locations of all the tokens? I realize that even if you know what city a token is in, there is still a long ways to go, but even knowing the city can be a huge help.. and I just don't think MS would have done this. but I could be wrong...

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
I'm still bothered by the fact that in the forward MS says you can find one by accident walking down a street or in a field. I think he was giving us a hint there . what does anyone think? He sure has a lot of fields in his illustrations. I don't know , but it's a thought that has stuck in my mind since i first read the book . let me know .

H

hoppperr

I agree, KS and Carol. I think there might be perhaps ONE in a Moon or Half-Moon tree and different locations for others. Probably all 13 have separate hiding spots. Like, one in a field, one in a knothole, one in a crevice, etc. It doesn't mean the clue's not good, but the clue might be good for only one token location. Just a thought.....

D

Dkos2

Hey

Carol I had always thought the same thing about the street field deal, so i googled it and found out that their is a main street well field in Elkhart IN. The field has 15 wells?? 10 acres of land I really believe one of the tokens could be located here, and hope someone will take the trip there.

P.S. here is the site http://www.epa.gov/R5Super/npl/indiana/IND980794358.htm

Dkos2 HOPE I HELPED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions