Treasure Clue, can you help?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Salkns , Thanks for the site any help i can get is appreciated. I don't know if i think the text holds more than the illustrations . I believe that both are needed to find the tokens. I agree that the text probably holds the most info needed , but without what is in the illustrations you'll not get the whole location. we won't know that till it's over though . I've always thought as this as being 2 seperate parts and that each half holds the whole big picture when put together . I'm hoping this makes sense as i'm trying to put my thoughts into words here . I'm trying to say one half is no good without the other half . I think also he spent alot of time putting this all together and there is too much detail in the illustrations not to hold important information , and i think that's what keeps me DRAWN to them . let me know what you think , carol

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Zuse , i like the anagram. unfortunatly KOA'S are private. Too bad you don't prefer camping because the KOA'S have nice cabins . I don't know why the field thing has always just been stuck in my mind . i'm remided of it when i look at pg 44 alot and pg 93 . let me know , carol

L

LitDoc

There are no dragons in the book. Dragons have legs. Look again at the unknown, unnamed creature.

H

hoppperr

Lit Doc:

Do you mean they are serpents? It sounds like you have figured something out?

Peggy

B

Black-Beard

Litdoc- I don't know if i have a different book, but the pictures of that creature in mine, HAVE legs...
Carol- Could you post those letters WITH the doubles included- thanks in advance...

H

hoppperr

BB

If you include the letters she took out, they would be make up the phrase:

FOR THE ONE THAT IS MISSING YOU DID NOT SEE from page 52

Hope this helps.

Peggy

B

Black-Beard

Duh... Thanks Peggy. I guess if i would have read Carol's post a little closer, i would have figured that out. TGIF...

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
I had a thought on my way home from work about pg 83. The old guy on the far right with his nose pointing over the inset picture pointing down . well i think maybe that's how we have to look at this illustration. I think it may be an optical illusion. Then i thought about pg 80 and the drop cap box on pg 55. maybe we'll see a message in it by holdkng it this way .I haven't tried it yet was too excited about the idea so i came to post it . will try it tonight and let you all know . also i think were supposed to follow those other eyes on pg 83 . could be wrong . has anyone already tried this let me know , carol.

L

LitDoc

Black Beard,

On which pages do the pictures of the winged creature with legs appear?

G

Goodhunting

Sometimes it is nice to take a break from this book and get back to a normal life!? ;)

GLTY

L

LitDoc

Peggy, there is a small creature on pages 45 and 78 (same illustration) that has two boot-like appendages, but look at its head and tail. These are very different from the creature in the drop cap and border of page 78, which have no appendages.

G

GoSkins

At first I thought the creature didn't have legs either, but on page 77 you can see the arm and leg. I do think there is something with the creature. It's never mentioned in the story but it's in five of the illustrations. Just another thing to figure out.

H

hoppperr

Hey, Lit Doc, you may be on to something.? Check this out:

Types In Western myths, dragons are generally dangerous carnivorous reptiles, and can be categorized by their appearance or habitat.? ?Categories by appearance covered the various combinations of legs and wings-?

Guivre (no legs or wings, just a large serpent with a dragon head.)?

Lindworm (one pair of legs and no wings.)

Wyvern (one pair of legs, and wings.)

Amphiptere (No legs, but wings.)?

Heraldic Dragon (two pairs of legs and wings.)?

Habitats included:

Caves

Mountains

Rivers, Lakes, and Ocean

Swamps

L

LitDoc

Hopperr,

Good research! Which kind do you think the ones in the book are? I think there are two creatures: A dragon-like creature with one set of legs, and a serpent with wings. Try a Google search on winged serpent, and you will find an Aztec mythilogical character. This is a clue, but I don't know how to interpret it.

sassy

Greenie
Feb 7, 2005
so here are my questions
if it aint a dragon or if it is what is it doing in the book? what do kootenstoopits do besides steal my buttons and socks??? what box can we use besides the 5x5?????? what do we put in the box???? is making the box talk the only way to find a token?????
how many of us will be left in november of 2007???? do we have enough determination???? do we have enough simple skills????? do we have enough imagination?????
please post questions i need to get a new thought process going who knows maybe it will help us all
good luck in your search
and how on earth do i get rid of them silly faces in my post???ok i figured that one out lol

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Sassy i think your post speaks for all of our frustrations you just seem to be able to put it right into words . I think we have it all and brains to boot , but MS did not intend to make this simple or for us all to have a full head of hair when we smle for the cameras after we find the token . we have a long ways to go and hopefully we can pound this out together . I'm glad you have brought new ideas for us to think about especially the dragon.

Hoppperr , great post now maybe we can determine what this creature is and what it's purpose is are their homes called lairs? hmmmmmmmmmm. good night all .

T

Trapape

Hey Nolan are school finals over yet because I am curious if you have tried my idea on interpreting the spider page? Come back Nolan!

T

Trapape

I also wanted to pass along an insight one of my friends had about the various trees pictured throughout the book. They could be the exact trees that the tokens are on or in. There is a picture of a tree with a fence in front of it on pg 54. Looks like a place that I would hide something! Wanted to put that out there for anybody getting ready for a hunt.

N

nolemiester

Trapape, what was your idea for interpreting that page again? Anyways, something interesting i discovered when flipping through my biology book: rings of mushrooms are known as fairy rings. Hmmm, coincidence? Maybay...LOL. Anyway it says "Some mycelia (many hyphae {tiny filaments that make up a multicellular fungus or a water mold} tangled together into a thick mass; comprises the bodies of multicellular fungi) can live for many years. As time goes by, soil nutrients near the center of the mycelium become depleted. As a result, new mushrooms sprout only at the edges of the mycelium, producing a ring. People once thought fairies dancing in circles during warm nights produced these rings, so they were called 'fairy rings'. Over many years, fairy rings can become enormous--from 10 to 30 meters in diameter." Maybe a clue, dunno?

---Nolan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread