Treasure Clue, can you help?

I

indiana07

Alright I'll post a question to everyone. On another page (63 for those of you who have the book) there appears to be a message mixed with a cipher that I can't figure out. If you read it around the edge like I think you are supposed to, it says "UGFXJ REVEALS THE MAZE WHERE THE TREASURES ABIDE." At the bottom of the page there is also "ZO" and "YCPK." I'm away from a scanner right now so I can't post the pic; if anyone has that available it might help to scan that for everyone to look at. To fit in with the rhyme scheme I'm assuming that "abide" should be the last word, though I'm not sure. Nothing else on the page seems to point to what kind of cipher could be used. If anyone is good with those kind of puzzles please give it a look; its driving me crazy!

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
did anyone get the Puzzle Companion book, along with "A Treasure's Trove"? It makes some direct references to some clues.

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

A

aarnow

I am stumped on a few things and was wondering if anyone had any insights.?

1) I am having trouble figuring out what the leaves on page 10 spell out.? So far I see the words "hidden" and? "can see".
? ? ? ? ? - I am not sure what the thing says though

2) Can anyone find anything in the picture on page 19.? I can't.

3) If you hold up pages 20 and 21 to a mirror, the black blades of grass on the bottom of the page spell out something like "treasures twelrve for you to keep".? However, something is off with "twelrve"? I think that it should say "twelve" but for some reason there seems to be an extra "r".? The "r" in might be an "e", I am not sure.? If it is an "e" that might have some significance.?

4) Page 36 also has me stumped.

5) Has anyone focused on anagrams within the text?

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Daygen

Greenie
Oct 6, 2004
Leamington, Ontario
i think i have an idea as to the missing word in the poem.......
Within the text you have the clues,
_ _ _ _ for the one that is missing,
You did not see,
Save our trees.
Art
the missing word could be Weep........ which I think that goes with the eerieness of the poem.

hoping that this helps some!

A

aarnow

there are a lot more lines (or clues) to this other than the 3 or 4 that have been posted. I think that every single full page picture has some sort of phrase on it. I have figured out what some of them say but not all of them. It seems that they get harder towards the end of the book. Plus, I think that it is necassary to to distort the and contort the pages in order to read some of the phrases.

I think the "for the one that is missing you did not see" is just another line/phrase/clue. I don't think that there is a missing word. When all of the phrases in each picture is figured out and arranged it should make more sense. But I am curious how you came up with "weep" whether or not it fits in there.

A

aarnow

Also, "save our trees art" may not mean save is in keep. It may mean save, as in "except". also, I wonder if trees is possessive as in tree's.

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
aarnow, pg. 10 reads "HIDDEN WELL NO EYE CAN SEE". ?As for pgs. 20/21 it states "TREASURES TWELPVE FOR YOU TO KEEP". ?As you noticed, there was an extra letter, it is "P", not "R". ?It looks the same as the "P" in "KEEP"; ?I just noticed that today, myself. ?Pg. 36 is just like pg. 19, and others. ?No border message whatsoever....possibly clues in the drawings when you get all the border clues figured out. ?

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

A

aarnow

OK, page 10 makes sense now. However, I think that it should rhyme with page 16 and it doesn't. Unless, page 10 ends with eye and page 16 ends with sky it does not rhyme. Or, page 10 could end with see (as you suggested) and page 16 could end with "be". But I think that you are right and page 10 reads "hidden well, no eye can see" and page 16 reads " sands above earth be below sky". The word "be" stands out a bit a seems kind of awkward. Let me know what you think.

F

FranksGirl

Ok new here as well.. just read and have been reviewing the entire book. i did not get the whole rhyming thing you guys were talking about above.. but this is what i have found so far
pg31 = Nothing to be disturbed thru the lands
pg 33 = Each is outside for you to find
pg 40 = An even code with one piece (i think) something seems to be spelled at the bottom cant make it out (mary, wary, nary).. any thoughts
pg 46 = will spell out santuary
pg 52 = the acorns have letter or numbers on them - think this was posted above but have not got yet
pgs19,21.22,25.36,39,40? = cannot decifer yet.

Also on some of the pages there is a diamond flower i cant recall the name, but sometimes they have different numbers of pedels falling off.. was wondering what anyone thought about this..

glad to find the group.. :) Thanks

M

mfcrow

Chptlelvr said:
cnpalmer said:
In case anyone was looking for the books, they seem to be available here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZatreasuretrove1QQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortpropertyZ1

The seller has a HUGE lot available, over 400 for the soft cover alone!

If Mike is reading this, is this possible, for one person to have this many to offer or is this a pre-order type of thing you think?

I have an email to the seller asking the same questions, I will post any reply I receive here if anyone is interested. Just want to clarify a few things before making a bid? ???

The Seller's business contact information lists the official website as his/her web address, and the seller's location appears to be the author's hometown.? Paypal payments are to "Treasure Trove, Inc."

I think it would be very unfortunate if the seller had official "inside" access to the books and was hocking them for a higher price on ebay if there is any sort of delay in processing standard purchases on the official website.

I sent them a e-mail about this...

Sent : Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:05 AM
To : MFCrow@******l.com
Subject : RE: PDF Response from A Treasure's Trove - Contact Us

| | | Inbox

Name: Randall ********
Email: MFCrow@*******.com
Daytime Telephone: (215) ***-****
Information Request:

I saw your book listed on E-bay and I wanted to see if it is your company listing the item. Are you guys also selling on E-Bay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=279&item=7943839874&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Randall,

of course anyone can sell on ebay but, yes, we have an ebay listing.

good luck

N

nickahlers

Another newbie, I'm glad to have found a place to discuss these challenging clues.

Has anyone started to make heads or tails out of any of the clues within the text? I have read and re-read the story over and over again, and have found a few bits and pieces of things, but nothing that has made me say, "Yup, the jewel is right there." Nothing that has made me want to jump in the car yet and go looking for tokens.

Has anyone thought to think about some of the other visual clues? For instance, eight pages have a puzzle piece on them, and that does not seem random to me at all. They must mean something. Additionally, certain puzzle pieces have fairies next to them. Hmmm...

Also, have you noticed some pages have these tall skinny tree things on them? They have to mean something too.

What a fun way to spend free time in the winter!

A

abnersnell

SPOILER - Page 22 Border Puzzle Solution:

In the cobwebs, starting top middle, going clockwise:

"TWELVE PLACES TO SEEK AROUND THE NATION"

Good luck everyone!

A

abnersnell

"TWELEVE PLACES TO SEEK AROUND THE NATION"...notice the spelling of twelve, similar to page 21, an extra E.

Also, in the index Chapter 12 is spelled CHAPTER TWELEVE, an extra E there as well.

M

mariposa

I think the number clue at the beginning is "Save our tree's art". The s in trees is possessive and should have an apostrophe. It should be 's like it is in Treasure's.

A

abnersnell

I just noticed the SNAIL upper right on pages 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15

If you FLIP the corner of the pages quickly, the SNAIL walks along...pretty cool.

F

FranksGirl

Treasure Clue - Hidden Creatures

Well here is some of my observations
there seesm to be creatures imprinted into the pics and some of the
chapter large letters have different colored vines.

pg 16 ladybug in border
pg 20-21 spider in border
pg 22 Green vine inter twined different than others in "D"
pg 22 Spide in left border on tree
pg 25 Green vie inter twined differnt that others in "B"
pg 28 Bee in Tree of W
pg 37 Bee in Book
pg 41 Sock on Kootenstoopsits head is zac's missing from story in
chap
pg 44 Dark green dragonfly ? top left border
pg 45 Ant in pic
pg 52 Butterfly in Yellow print in box of O