Treasure Clue, can you help?

C

chellerud

Letters the elves are pointing to....seems too obvious. Notice the different vine colors in some of the 'letter pictures' at chapter beginnings....it seems as if THAT is what the elves are specifically pointing too. Perhaps more hidden letters/numbers?
Looking for help with the dandelions with different numbers of seeds falling, single puzzle pieces, tree pictures, and of course the pages that have fairies instead (?) of part of the rhyme.

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
About the dandelion clues...if you pay attention to all of the loose seeds (4 except one or two of them) they are all in the same configuration.? Also, Pg. 22 comes out saying "AROUND THE STATES TWELEVE PLACES TO SEEK".? Notice the word States intead of Nation.?

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

C

chellerud

I haven't found clues in the picture on 19, but have noticed there are few illustrations with descriptions as this one has. Also, it is not punctuated correctly. ? Sorry, probably more questions than answers, but p. 77 is also incorrectly punctuated at the end ,...

Hey!!! There are exactly 12 pictures with captions. Twelve hidden jewels... ?

rockynelson

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2005
Anyone else bothered by the poem. I think there's another line between pages 70-77.
Everyother stanza is normal.

M

mariposa

Does anyone know why residents of Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont are unable to participate? It says the following on the official website:

Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, except residents of the states of CT, MD, ND and VT.

Just curious if anyone knew or had opinions on this...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockynelson said:
Anyone else bothered by the poem.? I think there's another line between pages 70-77.
? ? ? ? ? ?I NOTICED THAT RIGHT AWAY, I say there is a line and a half somewhere between 69 & 78 "there are 13" isn't long enough to fit in there, and there has to be a line before it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mariposa said:
Does anyone know why residents of Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont are unable to participate?? It says the following on the official website:

Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, except residents of the states of CT, MD, ND and VT.

Just curious if anyone knew or had opinions on this...
That would probably be because those states won't allow this type of contest.

M

mariposa

Makes sense about the state laws! I just learned that from another forum on Yahoo! Groups. Does anyone know of any other groups discussing the big hunt? I've seen several duplicate comments between this one and the Yahoo! discussion so I assume we have many people participating in both! Thought maybe there were more that I am unaware of...

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
jeff of pa said:
rockynelson said:
Anyone else bothered by the poem.? I think there's another line between pages 70-77.
? ? ? ? ? ?I NOTICED THAT RIGHT AWAY, I say there is a line and a half somewhere between 69 & 78 "there are 13" isn't long enough to fit in there, and there has to be a line before it.

"There are 13" is more than likely an extra hidden clue, and not part of the poem scheme. The reason I say this is that I have come across some extra hidden messages in the pictures themselves. HH ;D

rockynelson

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2005
ok, if it's extra. Is it 13 faries, 13 letters, 13 layers of clues, or ... 13 jewels. Remember Pook was jewelized also!

Rocky

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
I do believe we will know the answer to that when someone figures out the answer to all of the puzzles. As for me, I think it wouldn't be too far from the truth to say that maybe he has hidden 13 jewels and not just 12. Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one. One true anagram. ;)

B

BearCub

>>Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one. One true anagram<<

Is that from the book???

W

wreckjacket

Tudor,
Care to share any of the other hidden messages, or at least hints on how to look for them?? ???

Also,
The Snail in the top corner of the first eight pages just has to be saying something, not just walking as someone else said.
I don't think he would have put it there unless it had meaning. ;)

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
BearCub, that anagram isn't from the book, just thought I would put that in there to get people to think about anagramming as a solution to the puzzles. I haven't found any solid evidence of anagrams working though.

Wreckjacket, try finding morse-code messages in some of the pictures. You might be surprised at what you find. As for the snail, I agree....just can't figure out what it might be 'saying'. :)

L

LyssNY

Regarding the captions under the illustrations....

They are all sentences from within the text. However, some are not exactly the same as they are in the text. Might be worthwhile to look at the missing words/letters. I did this, but it's at home and I am at work.

The 5 X 5 code...wasn't that in The DaVinci Code as well?

PLA

Jan 14, 2005
SearchingTudor said:
Here is a treasure clue that I came across.? I can figure part of it out, and it goes with some other clues I have.? Just wanted to see what any of you think this could be translated too.? Here goes.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?O? N? E? T
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?D? I? ?D? N
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? E? U? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?O? H
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? H? O? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?T? A
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? T? Y? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? S? T
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? R? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? E? I
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? O? G? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? E? S
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? E? N? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? M
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? _? _? _? _
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I? S? S? I? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It is meant to be read in a grid pattern.? I can make out? YOU DID NOT SEE THE ONE THAT IS MISSING...but I can't figure out what EOR could stand for.

J

jason7178

The E at the bottom left is actuall an F - The clue then reads For the one that is missing you did not see

Jason

PLA said:
SearchingTudor said:
Here is a treasure clue that I came across. I can figure part of it out, and it goes with some other clues I have. Just wanted to see what any of you think this could be translated too. Here goes.

O N E T
D I D N

E U O H
H O T A
T Y S T
R E I
O G E S
E N M

_ _ _ _
I S S I

It is meant to be read in a grid pattern. I can make out YOU DID NOT SEE THE ONE THAT IS MISSING...but I can't figure out what EOR could stand for.

B

_~BlAnK

WOW I am sorry

I just found most of what i just posted in recent stufff

Sorry for acting like a horses behind

I forgot this stuff too:

16:BORDER-ladybug

20-21:BORDER:-spider

22:LETTER-snail or caterpillar, the curl on the bottom left of the D, the body is visible and that might be a shell (tree limb looks awful lot like a hand, as well)

28:LETTER-dragonfly, turn book over and look at black dots on W

31:BORDER-ladybug

37:BOOK-bee, turn book on side look top right and down a centimeter;looks almost like butterfly, but definitely bee

38-39:PICTURE-butterfly this is a wonderfully hidden thing, if you can read the writing on the page look at the J and that makes the right wing, if you don't know the writing look on the right page, upper left corner and beneath the obvious G (or down an inch)

alos page 38-39 is in the top left of p38 is an Xvii, big X the rest is little, roman numerals 17?

41:PICTURE-hummingbird on the flower tin right side right below the sun and hidden halfway beneath one of the pickensrooters wings(which are semi translucent, so you should see it)

52:BORDER/LETTER-butterfly in one of the acorns (bottom left-ish) and inside, right beneath the top of the huge O is a curly one

55:LETTER-hummingbird on one of the rocks in the lower left its a black spot

59:LETTER-grasshopper in the y where the top parts split from the base, it turns to the left and horizontally is where the grasshopper is, looks like

___
~oO{/\__}
~o
head with antennae
O
middle
___
{_/\_}
back with leg in an inverted v

63:BORDER-beetle its in the grain of the wood in one of the blocks, the T in 'the' if you ahven't found the 'the' the bottom right of the white area diagonally down/right is a T touching the border of the white area, look directly beneath it at a blank square(not the H or the E, it has no letter) turn it on its side and you will see that that grain parts and forms a beetle

______ _
[______] |_
/ / \ \

B

_~BlAnK

PART TWO

66:BORDER/LETTER-snail in the letter look at the bottom most part of it and look at the bottommost circle curlycue thing, then turn the book upside down and that should be its shell in the border look at the "Chapter 14" and then go straight across towards the right and beneath the big arch is the snail (the arch has a lot of circles with dots and without could those be a code?)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?____
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?oOoO
CHAPTER 14? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?/ Snail \
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

69:LETTER-beetle? possibly beneath the left prog of the T is a beetle, its rear end almost touching the intersection of top left fork and base
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ---------- ------------
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?butt |
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? body? ? ?|
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?head? ? ? ? ? ? |? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? |
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? |

86:BORDER-grasshopper? find the blue tree on the far left. follow it downwards, it turns green, goes halfway out of the page, and then it overlaps the other tree, the one with all the leaves.? it has a huge black spot, turn the book upside down and there you go

88:LETTER-bee or lightning bug.? can't tell. where the I is overlapped by the vine, a bit higher than the middle, a black spot darker than others viewed right side up is the insect.

S'all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions