Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to Vero/Wabasso yesterday and today hoping that the high surf and wind would expose something good. No such luck. But, boy, were there a lot of guys thinking the same thing. This is my meager take after much walking. Would love to know if anyone got anything :diamond-earrings::diamond-earrings::diamond-earrings:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    807 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe that is the key to a 1715 ship? <jk> THanks for sharing and there are plenty of us wishing we had the opportunity to give it a try. Give me a shout on your trip and maybe we'll car-pool.

-David

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was there thurs night for 5 hours, you got more than I did!

chuck.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's more than what I find on most days.

Still a good hunt; I like the crosses.

Lorraine

OP
OP
s1u2r3f4

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was cool to be there but sobering to think what happened off that coast. The one little cross looks like a rosary crucifix. Funny to find them, though. You always wonder the source :icon_scratch:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next cross might just be gold, with an emerald or two. On this coast it could possibly happen that way. :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sebastian to vero had no erosion when the "big blow" happened last week, but the beaches farther south did. Need a dune banger to improve conditions in the area. Tax payers keep footin the bill for the wealthy to protect their invesments - Seems to be obamanomics for some reason!!!!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turtle trail/ seagrape area last night was a complete bust!!!! last Thursday there were obvious signs of erosion, a radial tire half exposed on the slope, a line of large blue sandbags exposed , steps from private residences with a two feet drop off to the sand, shells and very small cuts at the extreme lowtide waterline.................all gone now!!!! really disheartening to drive an hour and come away empty handed. maybe I should have drove another half our?:dontknow:

chuck.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
turtle trail/ seagrape area last night was a complete bust!!!! last Thursday there were obvious signs of erosion, a radial tire half exposed on the slope, a line of large blue sandbags exposed , steps from private residences with a two feet drop off to the sand, shells and very small cuts at the extreme lowtide waterline.................all gone now!!!! really disheartening to drive an hour and come away empty handed. maybe I should have drove another half our?:dontknow:

chuck.

Well at least your not wondering any more. Same here shells last night. Today nothing but sand. Got some tackle though. The fishes are so lucky I got hooked on this hobby.Untill I get a backpack that will hold me rod

OP
OP
s1u2r3f4

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

chuck.
Wow! I know how you feel. I covered all that and more. Saw the blue sand bags. Maybe next time :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread