🥇 BANNER Treasure coins...cut spanish silver, and 1659 marevedi in the same hole !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh brother....got down to a well known treasure beach. I knew they were in the middle of a beach renourishment that will seal this spot under rock, brick, and concrete. There was a slim chance that between back hoes and excavators that I might be able to sneak in and get a coin or 2 before this spot is done for good !! Well it was worth it and I got a 1659 marevedi and a cut spanish silver in the same hole...within 4 inches of each other !! What a thrill !! 20210215_193300.jpg
20210215_193056.jpg
20210215_193107.jpg
20210215_193137.jpg
20210215_193203.jpg 20210215_193206.jpg
Both coins are uncleaned and as dug.....you can see that they were free of saltwater for the most part, as they are not to corroded. The marevedi is killer with all sorts of counter stamps and markings ive yet to decipher. Ill have to start researching to understand what im seeing. I guess there is a slight chance that this coin is a 1559...?? Not quite sure yet. Not sure how these coins were made but almost looks hammered. 20210215_193231.jpg 20210215_193217.jpg
The cut silver does not show much right now but I can see some details struggling to come out. The faint print of a cross is there under a sulfide crust. Distinct cut marks on 2 sides....still wondering what denomination it is....not sure if ill ever know. What a thrill...getting right up in there during the dig and snatching some coins out !! 20210215_142334.jpg 20210215_142344.jpg
Big shout out to islamoradamark.....thanks for sharing the excitement with me and digging with me !! Wooo hoooo !! Treasure coins !! A little bitter sweet knowing that many other coins were dug and loaded into dump trucks and hauled away....at least I saved a couple of them....got a nice Concho or rosette also....got to take a pic !! Thanks for looking and happy hunting folks !! Woooo hoooo !!

20210215_211546.jpg 20210215_211550.jpg
20210215_211557.jpg
Rosette, Concho, not sure ??
20210216_081539.jpg 6.6 on the cobb !!

Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you FloridaSon....so proud to put this together with all gold and coins from the beach !! Might just mount that little 4 reale too....well see how many rings its gonna take first !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210220_203420.jpg well this should get me something !! 20210220_203430.jpg so nice to have wedding bands from the beach....no gemstones just gold bands....im not attached to these like I am the spanish treasure. Putting it in a bezel and making a jewelry piece makes it feel official !! King phillip the V treasure around my neck....HELL YA !! Us pirates are still getting his treasure !!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold rope chain was found about 8 or 9 years ago, and the bezel for the coin will be made and paid for with dug gold wedding bands....it will have a small emerald set in the shackle. Wooo hoooo !!

That bit of green emerald should make it shout "Pirates Treasure".

View attachment 1903895 well this should get me something !! View attachment 1903900 so nice to have wedding bands from the beach....no gemstones just gold bands....im not attached to these like I am the spanish treasure. Putting it in a bezel and making a jewelry piece makes it feel official !! King phillip the V treasure around my neck....HELL YA !! Us pirates are still getting his treasure !!

View attachment 1903644 View attachment 1903645 View attachment 1903646
The first pic is the cobb i ware with my first 1733 pillar dollar....both in the same hole also !!

Great story and history you are bringing to the now and present.
I see a pattern developing. 2 pieces, then 3 pieces, then 2 pieces. Sso the next hole should have how many pieces? Hmmm .. Let's see ... ummmm some where around ... Tell me again how many fit in a chest? :headbang:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well pete I'd love to say ill get some more, but its all shut up now....no way to get through the brick mat now. I did get another permission for this week.....same scenario, people found cobbs at this property in the 90s, and now there digging down to cap rock and making a rip rap wall. All the sand there digging up there spreading over the property. I have just as high of hopes for this dig as the last one. It could be even better, although I've struck out here twice before.....timing is everything and its looking good to scan some sand from deep down. This spot is a raft beaching spot from the San Jose, and capitana !!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart, you know that you’re the reason that years from now treasure hunters will be disappointed that they didn’t find anything good in the Keys.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, you know that you’re the reason that years from now treasure hunters will be disappointed that they didn’t find anything good in the Keys.

Dave...do you know how hard it is to drive over a section of road where you absolutely know there is spanish treasure under your tires....it kills me everytime I go by the spot....knowing its there and I can't get it !! AAARRRGH !! Millions of tourists driving right over it year after year !! I've got to think that years from now it'll still be there....in the most unlikely spot....I absolutely love the pics of me holding coins under those excavators !! Just to prove it to the non believers and doubters !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it Bart !:) IMO Nothing looks better together than yellow gold & Emerald.Its Kinda Like milk & cookies :) View attachment 1903962

One of the classic Spanish treasure combos....the Spaniards had good taste and an eye for the elegant !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave...do you know how hard it is to drive over a section of road where you absolutely know there is spanish treasure under your tires....it kills me everytime I go by the spot....knowing its there and I can't get it !! AAARRRGH !! Millions of tourists driving right over it year after year !! I've got to think that years from now it'll still be there....in the most unlikely spot....I absolutely love the pics of me holding coins under those excavators !! Just to prove it to the non believers and doubters !!

Start a highway construction company and underbid the competition :)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir...his are all originals theres only one in there without paper and its a Greek coin. I looked at one I thought was a 1715....it ended up being a 1733 !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much,and don't call me sir :tongue3:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't believe how rare these 32s and 33s are.....by owning 3 originals im really learning a lot. I can't even find a mo, F marked one ....only mo-mx mint marks. Man I'm lucky to have gotten that one !! Wooo hooo . 20210220_091614.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't believe how rare these 32s and 33s are.....by owning 3 originals im really learning a lot. I can't even find a mo, F marked one ....only mo-mx mint marks. Man I'm lucky to have gotten that one !! Wooo hooo . View attachment 1903983

Hey Bart...,so what are those 2 small (O's) above the 2 ( M's ) on the bottom of the coin for at 5 & 7 o'clock ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what they say about the mx assayer version !! Good sales ploy with any coin !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart...,so what are those 2 small (O's) above the 2 ( M's ) on the bottom of the coin for at 5 & 7 o'clock ?

It designates the mint at vera Cruz Mexico!! Its on most of my cobbs too !! Big load of coins came out of there in 1733.....2 years worth !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best one liner one could possibly know.

"All 1733's are scarce but this variety, with the single letter assayer "F", is very rare."

You've been researching....I also read that exact quote somewhere !!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread