OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
LATEST NEWS ON THIS EVENT:
It will be held on AUG 18 & 19 2007.
Both Ballrooms have been reserved.
Discounts will be given to those that preregister for this 2 day even. Preregistration date will be provided at a later date.
DOORS will OPEN at 10:00 a.m. on the 18th and 19th.
Doors will be closed at 10:00 p.m. on the 18th and at 4:00 p.m. on the 19th.
This event will be open to the General Public and will be covered by the News Media including T.V. coverage from Orlando.
There will be a $5.00 charge per person to enter the Ballrooms. This will help cover SECURITY and INSURANCE DURING THIS EVENT.
Children under 12 years get in FREE.
There will be 2 wet bars available.
There will also be soft drinks available in each Ball room.
The Restaurant will open at 6:30 a.m. on the 18th and the 19th.
Large swimming pool with a Giant Pirate Ship that sprays water for the youngsters.
There will also be a Wet Bar and a Restaurant available right on the Sand Dunes along with a double Wooden Deck with tables and chairs.
There is a wooden walk way down to the beach.
There is a $40.00 per night DISCOUNT for those that preregister.But do not call the HOLIDAY INN until we are ready to go into the finer details.
DO NOT CALL THE HOLIDAY INN UNTILL YOU SEE THE GO AHEAD HERE ON THE TREASURE NET FORUM.

I am still seeking those that have something to sell or show like a BOOK, ARTIFACTS, COINS WHATEVER IS CONNECTED WITH THing.
More later.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Grubby,
That would be great.
I am expecting several thousand PUBLIC visitors PER DAY and this does not count the THers. I just hope there will be enough room.
Can you give me the size space you will be using and I will reserve this for you.
Treasure will be displayed on the TOP FLOOR for Security reasons.
Now all I need is someone to contact the FISHER GROUP and KELLYCO and this is about ready to get started BIG TIME.
Let hear from somemore of you.
My wife suggested that the doors open at 10:00 a.m. both days and on the 18th close at 9:00.
This will give time for everyone to get together on tha BACK DECK for drinks and conversation.
Thanks
Peg Leg

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pegleg wrote: This has nothing to do with this event but did you know that the NEW METAL DOLLAR from the US Mint DOES NOT have "IN GOD WE TRUST" stamped on it ?

Yes, it does. It is on the edge of the coin.

Attachments

• Presidential-Dollar-Unique-Edge.jpg
    Presidential-Dollar-Unique-Edge.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,097

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry Pegleg to keep adding to your own thread that you hijacked yourself! lol

U.S. Mint Goof Creates 'Godless Dollars'

By JOANN LOVIGLIO

PHILADELPHIA Mar 7, 2007 (AP)— An unknown number of new George Washington dollar coins were mistakenly struck without their edge inscriptions, including "In God We Trust," and are fetching around $50 apiece online.

The properly struck dollar coins, bearing the likeness of the nation's first president, are inscribed along the edge with "In God We Trust," "E Pluribus Unum" and the year and mint mark. They made it past inspectors and went into circulation Feb. 15.

The U.S. Mint struck 300 million of the coins, which are golden in color and slightly larger and thicker than a quarter.

About half were made in Philadelphia and the rest in Denver. So far the mint has only received reports of error coins coming from Philadelphia, mint spokeswoman Becky Bailey said.

Bailey said it was unknown how many coins lacked the inscriptions. Ron Guth, president of Professional Coin Grading Service, one of the world's largest coin authentication companies, said he believes that at least 50,000 error coins were put in circulation.

"The first one sold for $600 before everyone knew how common they actually were," he said. "They're going for around $40 to $60 on eBay now, and they'll probably settle in the $50 range."

Rusty Sailor

Feb 26, 2007
I am new to this forum. Can anyone come to this? I would love to see what others have collected. I only have a few old coins, not enough to display. It would be fun to meet other TH's and swap stories over a few drinks.
What is the phone number to make reservations?

Dudeman

Jan 3, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Peg,
Can you tell me the location of the Holiday Inn where the event will be staged? Many of us have RV's and would possibly like to make plans to stay at a nearby campground.

By the way, I'm fairly new to the forum and just want to say "hi" to everybody. It is a joy to read all of the postings from people with similar interests.

Thanks,
bc

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
You all sure made this come together in a hurry..

If hunting 1715 beaches went away, then I can leave the DFX home. Meaning I agree that with all the other events, a [planted] coin hunt would require more time and effort than it would add value (but you're keeping the Texas Hold 'Em in, I hope).
Whether or not my stock jumps, I should be able to attend in August.
Maybe old_man can see if Burt W. and/or Jack H. can be speakers?

Thanks for a great idea.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Dudeman,
This event will take place at Cocoa Beach.
There are plenty of campgrounds in the area and are within a few minutes of the Holiday Inn.
Will check the phone book to make sure.

Mango Manor RV Park
190 E. Central Blvd Cape Canaveral.
321-799-0741
This RV Park is just 15 minutes from the Holiday Inn.
Hope this helps.
Peg Leg

Dudeman

Jan 3, 2007
Daytona Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Peg,
Thanks for the camping info- We will be watching for new info. It will be great meeting everyone since we live so close.

Thanks again,
bc

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gdaddyflex said:
Pegleg wrote: This has nothing to do with this event but did you know that the NEW METAL DOLLAR from the US Mint DOES NOT have "IN GOD WE TRUST" stamped on it ?

Yes, it does. It is on the edge of the coin.

I don't know if anyone has already pondered this in their own mind... but what seems to wear down the quickest on a coin with consistent circulation??? Considering alot of people use coins in machines and just slide them in there, I would only assume that the sides/edges would go the quickest. And if your placing something so significant, or at best, something that many people hold as important history of the United States of America on the place that goes the quickest... what happens when it's just "not there" anymore of any of our coinage. Not that I feel that our economy will last long enough for this to become an effective means of wiping out what myself and others hold as important. Just my thoughts... I'm also sorry if someone else has already addressed this. Thanks!

Bran <><

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Peg Leg,
I just recieved an e-mail asking me to see if Burt Webber and Jack Haskins can attend. I'll e-mail Jack and post his response. Burt is in the DR on business and I fully expect him to be away in August, but I will pass along the invitation.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Is there someone that is close to the Fishers that does not mind contacting them to see if they would be interested in being a part of this EVENT?
Thanks
Peg Leg

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Peg,
Kim Fisher and his family are working in the Bahamas on a project, but I will e-mail Kim and find out if he can make it.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Down to business ONE MORE TIME:
I am also looking for DONATIONS of anything that you wish to donate. These donations will be given away during this event. Tickets will be sold for $1.00 a ticket to ANYONE who wants one includng the General Public.
Don't eveyone jump at once ::) ;D
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Well everyone it appears that I am the Chief Cook and Bottle washer.
I think that I am going back to the basics that was my orginal thought.
Keep it SMALL. By this I am talking about maybe having only one Ballroom.
Since it appears that NO ONE has anything to show or sell this is my only OUT.
I do have a number of people wanting to help and their services will be a great help.
I am in contact with sevral Vendors who are THINKING it over.
More Later
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Dell,
I see no reason why you should not attend.
If there are some that refuse to attend because you will be there then SO BE IT.
But I think there are many that want to SEE what you are talking about because everything they have heard is just HEARSAY.

I just received a NEW KELLYCO calalog and on page 30 and 31 there are a few LRL.
Now I would suggest that those who point fingers contact KELLYCO and tell them there are full of crap.
KELLYCO has been invited to this event so does that mean that since they sell LRLs that I should cancel this invatation? NO WAY.
YES I know that there are a few so called MANUFACTURES that are SCAM ARTIST AND SELL CRAP.
But they are not willing to come to a Treasue Hunters get together and meet face to face and to answers question.

I also wish to thank you for your DONATION OF THE BOOKS.
ANYONE ELSE?
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Open letter to everyone on this forum.
I have invited KELLYCO to be a part of this event and am waiting their decision.
A few days ago I received their NEW Catalog and on pages 30 and 31 they are advertising a few LRLs.
Does this mean that I should cancel their invitation's THINK NOT.
I HAVE LEARNED over the years to listen and ask questions and then make decisions based on what I may have learned.
This event is opened to EVERYONE.
Getting tired of all the BS and fingerpoint and negative feeling being thrown around.
This even is designed for having a good time and for asking questions and meeting people NOT to start any confrontations even before any questions are asked.

DELL, I want to thank you for your donation of the 2 rare books.

Is there anyone else on this forum that feel like donating anything to be raffled off?
I will donate a SILVER NAIL and all I can say is that it is a SILVER NAIL that was recovered from the Beach.

Do I hear anymore?
Thanks
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread