Treasure finding woes

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i began cleaning my finds this morning. The only decent find i had this trip, was a harmonica top cover. I rinsed l, and brushed it off it my sink. I found the name M.H Emer on the top, with alot of small german words around the edging. I had my laptop and coffee waiting at the outside dining table. Going out the door, i clipped my doorway, and dropped my item between the cracks of my boxed in patio. I wont dare go under there in the summer.lol. anyone have a similar experience? I cant find any info on google for my item either:BangHead:

Upvote 8
OP
OP
whistler84

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh. But it is silver plated copper i believe

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely. Last year I got a beautiful 1920 D dime as my last hole and only decent find of the day at one of my local spots. It was a short trip home, so I just sat it on my pants leg for the drive home.
Well... I decided to dive in and check the local coinstar before heading home.
Got home before I realized I had no idea where that mercury dime was less than 15 minutes after digging it up!
I searched the car and the grocery store parking lot multiple times before deciding either someone found a cherry silver dime while carting their dinner to the car or it got lost in the depths of a Cadillac SRX floorboard.
After about 3 days I gave up and replaced it for about 20 bucks on eBay. Sold the car this January. Who knows... maybe it's still in there?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A stick with some inside out duck tape.. How about when I found a silver quarter as I was looking at all of a sudden bees everywhere I dropped it ran with all my gear like forest gump those things were on me when one sting it leaves an attack scent went back a few days later needed that quarter had one of those spray cans that go 25ft super soaked the hole and who ever was in it,,, never got my quarter the bees flew away with it I think .Hope you can retrieve it. Tommy

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Know what you mean, A2coins! I have a nest of small stinging bees in front of my water faucet. Went to turn on the water and got stung about 6 times. Trying to eradicate them, but they keep returning. May have to put a large plate over the nest.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same situation here. I searched a yard about 15 years ago. Knocked on the door to show the homeowner the Wheat Penny I had found, and as I handed it to him, he dropped it and it went right between the slats on his front porch deck. I laughed, and told him if he wanted to go after it, he could keep it ! Glad it wasn't anything more than a Wheat.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again....I reiterate my warning. These things that we find do not *WANT* to be found!!

Don't believe me? Next time out watch how many of these "professional" hiders behave. They will literally jump out of your hand and *run* as far away as they can! They'll find the tiniest crack/crevice/hole and dive right thru! Watch how many jump, dead center, back into the hole just dug and hide!

Yep. Once you get your treasure in your hand, hold onto it with *both*! :tongue3:

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know what you mean, A2coins! I have a nest of small stinging bees in front of my water faucet. Went to turn on the water and got stung about 6 times. Trying to eradicate them, but they keep returning. May have to put a large plate over the nest.

I went to an old school site which was destroyed in 1950... fought my way thru the underbrush and stickerbushes and finally got to where I thought the site was.
Then with NO WARNING, from out of nowhere I get stung on my eyebrow from an angry bee. Damn that hurt!
The pain reduced though after about 10 minutes to a dull throb.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol funnier when its someone else

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to an old school site which was destroyed in 1950... fought my way thru the underbrush and stickerbushes and finally got to where I thought the site was.
Then with NO WARNING, from out of nowhere I get stung on my eyebrow from an angry bee. Damn that hurt!
The pain reduced though after about 10 minutes to a dull throb.
After my yellow jacket attack last week (26-28 signal still in the ground) Iโ€™m going to carry wasp spray in a shoulder holster. Iโ€™m actually looking forward to the cooler months. Iโ€™m very aware of any thing flying and buzzing now, that was nooooooooooooo fun.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'll come clean.....I just found a treasure coin and at the end of the day I went back to the truck to pack up and leave. I lean the detector up against the truck and changed into dry clothes. Figured I would sit in the truck with the door open in the breeze and have a drink and a snack before I left. It was quite nice after a long day and a great find. There I was enjoying the breeze and fondling my new treasure cobb, dreaming of spanish galleons and treasure chests with a big smile on my face. Looked at my watch and said.....holy cow I gotta go !! So I shut the door and drove off !!..........with out my equinox!!! I got 18 miles away before I turned around !! 35 40 minutes through traffic and there it was laying on the ground right where it fell when I drove out from under it. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster........best day ever then it becomes worst day ever then it's best day ever again !! Man was I sick to my stomach on that drive back !! And man was I super happy that it was still there and undamaged !! Almost too much excitement for one day !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread