ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...One last thing: If you shoot at a guy that just stole your detector, you will be homeless in a civil suit, not he. You are not in any danger if he's running away.

Wrong, at least as a universal statement. Not true in at least 3 states I have lived in (all in the South, of course). And if I lived in a s-hole that didn't allow its citizens to stop felonies in progress, I'd move.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi junkhunt; i will go back and review what was written. If I find that I was wrong then I will be glad to apologize openly here for all to see. I do not have time to do so right now but will do so in the next day or two ok..PEACE:RONB

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong, at least as a universal statement. Not true in at least 3 states I have lived in (all in the South, of course). And if I lived in a s-hole that didn't allow its citizens to stop felonies in progress, I'd move.

You would shoot someone in the back running away for grabbing your detector? Instead of calling 911, following, and assisting with the arrest?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose not to do drugs, That easy therefor I'm not homeless.

Hope you never go medically bankrupt. I don't know what you do for a living, but my income won't cover much serious medical work.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose not to do drugs, That easy therefor I'm not homeless.

Posted by junkhunt above : " Most people that are homeless are homeless by their own doings. They can't keep a job (Even if they want one) because of drug and alcohol addiction. There is help for people with this problem if they want it. Yes it's hard to feel sorry for them."

Hi jumkhunt; Yup I owe you a bit of an apology so it is that I do hereby apologize. I should have more clearly stated the cause of my angst in a more blanket coverage type manner. I didn't. For that I apologize.
NOW: For clarity : What got me riled up is that I read several times here that those of Us who are or were Homeless are in that position because we choose to do drugs or drink and are thus homeless and because we all choose to live that way we are NOT deservant of any type of help or empathy.
THAT is what got my goat. The subject of Homelessness right now is a VERY sore spot for me. Having seen and lived the other side of the coin YES I do take it personally when I see or read folks like myself who are in this position through very little fault of our own lumped into one nice neat little category and then be judged by that category. It just BURNS me.!!!
I do appreciate Bum Luck's kind Post on the subject above. It was when I read your reply to his Post that I lost it. I took it much more personally than I should have. Again, for that I apologize. I should not have let my temper get the better of me.
One of the biggest reasons it hits me so hard is : Can any of you as Fathers and Men like me imagine what it would be like to see your own daughter sleeping on a park bench while you stayed awake to protect her from "them" ?? I know what it is like because it happened to me. It is a pain only God can know.!!! I was and am now recovering slowly thanks to the many fine folks here with my kid safe for now Thank God. For me, THAT is all I care about. Making sure she is safe above ALL else. I will literally die to make sure she is taken care of. That is called being a Man.
So it is with this said I think you can all see my point here ok.
To junkhunt; I said I would openly apologize to you here if I was wrong. I have done so. Folks; I only ask that any of you please not lump those of us who are or have been Homeless into one neat little category ok. Please try to view the Homeless on a One on One case Basis if possible. I know it is not always possible. I have met 3 other guys who are in my same boat. After talking to them I found they are some some of the nicest, intelligent folks you can meet. Obviously if someone is intoxicated avoid them ok. I do care about your safety as well. But just maybe if you talk to them you will find the same things out that I did. Not "ALL" homeless people are bad. REMEMBER: Bad things DO happen to good people through very little or no fault of their own. I know this because I am one of them.
As for the POS that attacked that guy. I hope he gets his true justice. I'm glad the elderly guy is ok. With that I await your replies.
May God Bless All of You & Yours. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You would shoot someone in the back running away for grabbing your detector? Instead of calling 911, following, and assisting with the arrest?

Each situation is different and must be judged on its own merits. MANY considerations to weigh. Your baiting don't work here Padwan.

antigrav1117

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an older middle-aged fella who is not large of frame, and an avid motorcycle rider, I have found a tiny squirt bottle with pure ammonia to be highly effective at deterring the most serious minded dogs. The bottle is an empty e-cigarette liquid container. Surprisingly this tiny relatively soft bottle shoots an effect yet thin stream a good ten feet when squeezed. I keep it on my belt in a rubber holster (made from a piece of auto heater hose). I imagine it would be effective on a human as well.. my test subjects generally recoil at the slightest whiff- haha. Uhm.. I also (rarely) custom build bang sticks from stainless - I have a neat 22 cal short-carry stick I have when I feel wild enough to surf detect low tide at night. I wouldn't want to use that on a person though - gas injection anywhere on the body is very very bad. I do wear headphones- but generally hear very well when out of the water.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people that are homeless are homeless by their own doings. They can't keep a job (Even if they want one) because of drug and alcohol addiction. There is help for people with this problem if they want it. Yes it's hard to feel sorry for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread