Treasure Hunting sites in South and East Texas????

gfordtx

Jul 16, 2013
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 + Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am an East Texas Native (Tyler) and just getting back into MD'ing after a 25 year absence. I am interested in working the small towns around here...especially with a railroad presence.
I am looking for a Hunting Partner to see what we can find together. PM me and lets talk.

Thanks All,

Gary Ford

kjpnbmt

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EODSweeper...did you take tha trip down the Sabine River? New to Metal Detecting, Beaumont, TX. Thought about taking a trip on the river also.

dallanta

Greenie
Sep 15, 2012
East Texas
Detector(s) used
An old Whites 500D and a newer Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Sabine Pass and I know three good spots in that area. Never found much at the beach. There is one place on the beach where an old bar used to be. I've pulled a lot of buffalo nickels out of that spot but the salt water ruins them. There is also a spot not far away where slaves were traded. I'd like to hunt it but it would have to be done in the winter due to the snakes and gators. If anyone has any questions about the area let me know.

Just noticed your post about this. I have recently moved from west texas to ore city. Not too far from you I dont think. I would be interested in a get together to hunt this winter.

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Conroe/Huntsville area depending on where I am when the sun goes down. I used to hunt with a fellow from Montgomery named Rock. He was a wonderful mentor.

jwatkins

Greenie
Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
We deploy multiple electromagnetic instruments that include EM31, EM38, EM61...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the spring texas area if anyone wants to meet up. David I believe you are in spring?

Tejano#1

Feb 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know about a wagon of gold buried by pancho villa near IH 35 between San Antonio TX and Laredo Tx

Tejano#1

Feb 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of one it happen when I was a kid that we found old coins but at the time we found them we were to young to know the difference till this day a flame or fire will appear by a tree

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread