Treasure in SW Florida

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. :hello:

You can check with any local historical society.

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
If I knew where to look Id come dig it up myself :dontknow:
you are in a good location that area is very rich in history folks have been running around dropping and hiding stuff around there for hundreds of years
I dont think any one can give you a better tip than sandman gave you the historical society is the best place to start
HH
David

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Hang on and I will send you a T map with the X marks the spot :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Only thing older than 100 yrs on Marco are some of the drivers.... :laughing9:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of what we call treasure on Marco inland is made out of wood and shell. The North end of the inlandis about 80 years to the white man before that was indains.95% of the beaches are only about 50 years old. The bridge on the south end of the inland is about 25 years old . The old bridge was burnt down.The bridge on the north side was built about 1960-1965.Before the Bridges ,there was a farrie.
e

ocjeff

Oct 14, 2009
ocean city maryland
Detector(s) used
excalibur, cz20, v3
i don't know how u guys dig in those shells there. it bent the hell out of my scoop when i was there last year.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
:read2: thunter1 ,just keep putting the coil to the ground ,GurillaBill has a great site to look at for what could be ..or..not ??

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Fla in 1975. I saw Marco on the map, and thought it'd be a interesting place to visit.

It was bulldozed from one end to the other, and the canals were being cut in. Completely raked and denuded. Hardly a living thing except sea gulls.

So much for my tour of it.......................

That's my recollection of it; get some air photos of it about then, and the early development maps of it.

Good luck!

D

digum smacks

you will be hard pressed to find anything over 50yrs old around here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread