Waders Test Results

B

Big1011Guy

I'm back and all I can say is WOW, that is the best $40.00 investment I have made in a long time.
The Waders are Great!!!!!!!! I will never leave home without 'em!!!!! I stayed nice and dry and warm and actually Sweated a Few Pounds Off-I Hope.
I know all you Anti-Waders Individuals will think I am Crazy, and that's OK, cause people have been tellin' me I am Crazy all my life, but I ACTUALLY FEEL MORE SECURE and SAFE IN THE WATER with the Waders on than I do without them. Galveston is My Home Beach and I am Glad I have a beach to go to, but Galveston Beach/Water has a lot of Seaweed, Jellyfish etc... that likes to grab a hold of your legs and with the Waders on I can concentrate on Walking and Searching and not Jumpin' every time something grabs my legs. The Waves Today were relatively calmish and I had a blast. It has been awhile since I worked out My lower back muscles like I did today, but we are going back tomorrow for another round. I will post our finds later- No Rings, but more stuff to add to my "Trash To Treasures Statue" that I am making. "Have Waders Will Travel"
Guy

Attachments

• Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 418
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 422
  • Waders 002.JPG
    Waders 002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Waders 003.JPG
    Waders 003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was always wondering about jellyfish,can they sting you through your waders?

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Produce Guy said:
I was always wondering about jellyfish,can they sting you through your waders?

I don't know what is going on with the Jellyfish but the last couple of days there have been More Than Normal Jellyfish Beaching Themselves at Galveston and Today I could see them swimming around my detector but never felt a thing.
Guy

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BigGuy

If you don't already know this hang your waders upside down to dry and keep em out of the sun when not in use. Just some friendly advice.

Steve :-)

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

kaptainkosmic said:
BigGuy

If you don't already know this hang your waders upside down to dry and keep em out of the sun when not in use. Just some friendly advice.

Steve :-)

Thanks kaptainkosmic for the reply and info. I didn't know about hangin' 'em upside down.
Thanks, Guy

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I see you got the neoprene waders, :notworthy: those are the best outside of a wetsuit. You cinch a belt around the top of them and you'll get very little water in should a wave catch you cause that neoprene fits snug like a glove. :thumbsup: I used to have rubber waders and those things were dangerous >:( and they were baggy and didn't fit well. I dumped them in favor of a neoprene farmer johns wet suit for protection from jelly fish and Man of War that we get in Florida. :headbang:

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

FLauthor said:
I see you got the neoprene waders, :notworthy: those are the best outside of a wetsuit. You cinch a belt around the top of them and you'll get very little water in should a wave catch you cause that neoprene fits snug like a glove. :thumbsup: I used to have rubber waders and those things were dangerous >:( and they were baggy and didn't fit well. I dumped them in favor of a neoprene farmer johns wet suit for protection from jelly fish and Man of War that we get in Florida. :headbang:

Thanks FLauthor for the reply. Finally someone agrees with me that these Neoprene Waders with a Waders Belt are Safe in the Surf. They fit snug and I feel Safe in them. I wouldn't even consider wearing a pair of those Loose Fitting Rubber Waders in the Surf, You definitely would be asking for trouble.
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread