Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

Ed Weatherly

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2008
djui5 said:
Wow, that's a real map! :o Do you have any closer pictures of the markings on the top right?
This picture is the map from a different angle...

ScannedImage.jpg

P

pippinwhitepaws

early american hippie. probably prescott college association. ;D

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Pippin ,
That jolted my memory , years back had a girl friend that went there :icon_jokercolor:
Ed ,
There are quite a few more of them around , back behind the A bar V :wink: , can't get to em though , private property , unless youz knows folks

P

pippinwhitepaws

howdy mesa...i used to have friends living in skull valley...every time someone from the college would come out the first thing they did was go make a rock circle...

now if you go over to granite dells...look careful around the south face of the boulders...there are rock circles from apache times...large..10-12 ft across...held there lodges in place...i found most just southwest of the creek.
silly people were using the huge rings for campfires...duh.
i also found a pit structure village up near ponderosa park...since the village is assaulted by the road, i might just give out that location...

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Howdy Pippin ,
You sure are bringing back some memories I have of those places , I recall in 76 that I noticed some rather large fire pits just before the creek , several if not more if I remember right , and them dummies were camping and roasting weinies in em :tard:
On the way out to Ponderosa Park , is a developement called Hidden Valley , there are some real good ruins up on top of a couple of those hills , state keeps a good eye on em if you know what I mean :wink:
Then there are some mind blowing cliff dwellings on the upper Verde by Perkinsville , I have a hankering you know where I am talking about ;D

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever heard of a underground Chamber/room collapsing and leaving a crater in the ground about 15 by 15 feet. I think I found such an area. It's a big hole in the ground except it doesn't look dug out. The ground looks like it just collapsed and is about 5 feet deep. It's in a good area. :wink: Still haven't put the TM808 to it. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of something like this. Maybe someone just got there before me. ???

Ed Weatherly

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2008
MesaBuddy said:
Howdy Pippin ,
You sure are bringing back some memories I have of those places , I recall in 76 that I noticed some rather large fire pits just before the creek , several if not more if I remember right , and them dummies were camping and roasting weinies in em :tard:
On the way out to Ponderosa Park , is a developement called Hidden Valley , there are some real good ruins up on top of a couple of those hills , state keeps a good eye on em if you know what I mean :wink:
Then there are some mind blowing cliff dwellings on the upper Verde by Perkinsville , I have a hankering you know where I am talking about ;D

mesa buddy
I was going to add that this fire pit was never used for a fire. there is no smoked rocks. Ed

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hey Ed..looks like a map of some sort me!

Nice petroglyphs..looks like there was a battle...one against many? One guy died. 1329.jpg/1330.jpg. What a nice find :)

The fire circle..that u shaped piece of wood and the white rocks that seem to point, on the farther end seem unusual.

The only circle i have found had only two kinds of different colored rocks .....

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ed,
Those "X's" in the lower pictures sure peak my interest. I was shown this one day, and the hole nearby that was dug up by a backhoe. No-one saw what came out of it but the guy who dug the hole was well off afterward. Sadly he stole this site from someone else. Anyway, you might be close to something

Attachments

• Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 3,253
  • Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2,407

Ed Weatherly

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2008
MesaBuddy said:
Pippin ,
That jolted my memory , years back had a girl friend that went there :icon_jokercolor:
Ed ,
There are quite a few more of them around , back behind the A bar V :wink: , can't get to em though , private property , unless youz knows folks

Mesa Buddy. I had a idea that this rock has been reshaped to some kind of a bird,
Ed

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,469
P

pippinwhitepaws

Ed,
if you are in the area, go over to prescott valley...go down to the little park by the creek...over behind the swap meet.
across the river is a ruin complex. there is a wonderful example of how much labor the natives were willing to put out to move large rocks...there is a wall built there, looks defensive, goes from the narrows in the creek, up the hill for almost a mile.
this wall effectively blocks approach from the upstream side of lynx. the wall is made of huge boulders, stacked about five feet high, 3 feet deep.

easy walk from the car.

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Ed Weatherly said:
MesaBuddy said:
Pippin ,
Ed ,

Mesa Buddy. I had a idea that this rock has been reshaped to some kind of a bird,
Ed
Hi Ed ! ,
Wanted to thank you for sharing your pictures ! , looks like it has been worked to me ! , nice find !
Perhaps I can saunter up yer way and we can take a gander at some stuffs ;D
MB

Ed Weatherly

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2008
Any idea what these numbers mean. Ed

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 2,443
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 2,354
  • ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 2,353
  • ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 2,360

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed, mi amigo

On the first picture you posted yesterday, at the botton of the picture.

I see h 1 9-orQ- could the next to be an apple or some type of fruit.

and the last a fish.

I have a picture of that, that you gave me, or I took. I'm going to study
some of this today.

Clayton

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Ed,

In your second picture...
it looks to be one of two signs
both are used as the designer intended????
#1 Could be a Leo the Lion astrological symbol,
#2 could mean simply (reading left to right)
follow the trail up and to the right (around and then down follow the curve )

Thom

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The way the "4" is written looks to be a sign for the bottom left half or quarter.
If as you say ... the picture is posted upside down and would refer to the upper right half or quarter.

Ed Weatherly

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2008
Roadquest said:
Ed, mi amigo

On the first picture you posted yesterday, at the botton of the picture.

I see h 1 9-orQ- could the next to be an apple or some type of fruit.

and the last a fish.

I have a picture of that, that you gave me, or I took. I'm going to study
some of this today.

Clayton
Clayton to me it looks like a pear 0614. Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread