Treasure Quest- Search for Jesuit Gold

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That area of German coins and the building foundations I believe were on an episode of Hunting Hitler..

The German compound in Paraguay was discovered on both shows (Snake Island & Hunting Hitler) in the same week (different networks). It makes sense their paths would cross considering their missions in & out of Argentina & Paraguay, but kinda taints the "reality" part of reality show.

I wonder if Cappy is allergic to ants? I had a colony swarm my leg on a kayak/hike up in Withlacoochee a dozen years ago. Stuff of nightmares.

Most of the fake drama is in the editing, not a "script" per se. They aren't good enough actors for that. A lot of "real" stuff in the field becomes manufactured drama in the cutting room.

All the cliff hangers this week were good. Fact or fiction. It's fun to watch.

And as perhaps the only female responding in this thread, um, yeah - the addition of Brett the survivalist on Snake Island was definitely a good choice.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the fake drama is in the editing, not a "script" per se. They aren't good enough actors for that. A lot of "real" stuff in the field becomes manufactured drama in the cutting room.

No, this BS show is 100% scripted. the shaking camera work is planned, the pre-positioned cameras during all these "emergencies", the non-stop "we're all going to die" incidents.... there is nothing real about any of it.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm actually impressed how much they pack into some episodes (Snake Island & Oak Island), proving they are cutting more than they're keeping. I'm not enough of a conspiracy theorist to call it 100% scripted. No way it is.

But it would be naive to think there aren't setups & retakes along the way.

Hunting Hitler could easily be 95% scripted as an after-the-fact rehash of some research already done. One of the guys on the Europe team has been a talking head on several WWII documentary series, so he's very likely covering ground already tread over the years. BUT - there is a lot of classified info getting declassified piecemeal in very recent years, so some of this has a ring of legitimacy.

Nothing can be 100% scripted when it's the jungles of 3rd-world countries. If you've been to a 3rd-world country, you know they do not think like Westerners. Calling the land their own even if it's government controlled is very understandable. The local superstitions are very real, but like everywhere, some are more pragmatic &/or ruthless than others, so there are real tensions whether scripted or not.

These shows are about the journey, not the destination. That's why it makes a good series.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually impressed how much they pack into some episodes (Snake Island & Oak Island), proving they are cutting more than they're keeping. I'm not enough of a conspiracy theorist to call it 100% scripted. No way it is.

But it would be naive to think there aren't setups & retakes along the way.

Hunting Hitler could easily be 95% scripted as an after-the-fact rehash of some research already done. One of the guys on the Europe team has been a talking head on several WWII documentary series, so he's very likely covering ground already tread over the years. BUT - there is a lot of classified info getting declassified piecemeal in very recent years, so some of this has a ring of legitimacy.

Nothing can be 100% scripted when it's the jungles of 3rd-world countries. If you've been to a 3rd-world country, you know they do not think like Westerners. Calling the land their own even if it's government controlled is very understandable. The local superstitions are very real, but like everywhere, some are more pragmatic &/or ruthless than others, so there are real tensions whether scripted or not.

These shows are about the journey, not the destination. That's why it makes a good series.

Yeah, if they found it, there would be no sequel!

On another note - wouldn't the "Jesuits" have remembered to take the treasure along with them? Or did they have CRS like me? I wouldn't have had the foresight to make a map though; just relied on my memory .............. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, if they found it, there would be no sequel!

On another note - wouldn't the "Jesuits" have remembered to take the treasure along with them? Or did they have CRS like me? I wouldn't have had the foresight to make a map though; just relied on my memory .............. :dontknow:

I have to agree.
If treasures Like this existed. too many people knew about them.
And if they really did put Maps on Rocks that their People could follow
Someone most likely followed them a long time ago.

Though I'm the type who believes there are Many Treasures to find out there.
Treasures like this don't make sense, unless entire Tribes were picked up by Flying Saucer & carried away
before they could pass on the Legend.
Which we know didn't happen. or there would be no known "Legend"

My guess the Treasure Was split up Long ago And
what wasn't melted Down Or torn apart like Pieces of 8 For spending,
Are lost, Sitting in peoples Homes, Under the Ocean, melted down and re-purposed.
etc.
all over the Place.

This doesn't mean they don't have a Chance of finding Treasure.
But they will not find the whole treasure

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have to agree.
If treasures Like this existed. too many people knew about them.
And if they really did put Maps on Rocks that their People could follow
Someone most likely followed them a long time ago.

Though I'm the type who believes there are Many Treasures to find out there.
Treasures like this don't make sense, unless entire Tribes were picked up by Flying Saucer & carried away
before they could pass on the Legend.
Which we know didn't happen. or there would be no known "Legend"

My guess the Treasure Was split up Long ago And
what wasn't melted Down Or torn apart like Pieces of 8 For spending,
Are lost, Sitting in peoples Homes, Under the Ocean, melted down and re-purposed.
etc.
all over the Place.

This doesn't mean they don't have a Chance of finding Treasure.
But they will not find the whole treasure
Id have to second that idea. After hundreds of years. Parts of it could have been taken away. Sold by the tribes to by commodities from foreigners. Perhaps many small caches remain. Depends on the times. If locations are passed down through family but the family was killed off before the story could pass then the legend is lost to history. But im to also beleive more that 1 person would know of the location at any time

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am bummed that I forgot all about the most recent episode. Although, from reading this thread I think I am pretty much caught up. I am sure that they will re-run it before the next new one.

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of that "Diggers" reality show where they go to Key West and find a piece of 8 like right next to the parking lot. I wonder how much metal detector sales have gone up in the past couple years due to this? Hmmmm...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL They call themselves Treasure Hunters ?

Biggest Laugh. they find a Meteorite & one of them asks How could that have gotten in the Forest :laughing7:
then they speculate someone Carried it there.
(Never realized Meteorites fell from the Sky, LOL)
And they call it a Meteor several Times. :tongue3:
isn't it common knowledge to the Treasure Hunting Community that Meteors fall from the sky & Become Meteorites ?

Sorry ! Am I the only one who finds this odd from a Treasure Hunting Crew ?

the egg shaped rock sounds interesting considering it's location, if the markings on it are real & not fresh.

[on the Cappy Episode, I'm calling B.S. in his case, to get people to donate
to research. But this is the wrong forum for that Discussion. not politics.
So I leave it at that.]

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL They call themselves Treasure Hunters ?

Biggest Laugh. they find a Meteorite & one of them asks How could that have gotten in the Forest :laughing7:
then they speculate someone Carried it there.
(Never realized Meteorites fell from the Sky, LOL)
And they call it a Meteor several Times. :tongue3:
isn't it common knowledge to the Treasure Hunting Community that Meteors fall from the sky & Become Meteorites ?

Sorry ! Am I the only one who finds this odd from a Treasure Hunting Crew ?

the egg shaped rock sounds interesting considering it's location, if the markings on it are real & not fresh.

[on the Cappy Episode, I'm calling B.S. in his case, to get people to donate
to research. But this is the wrong forum for that Discussion. not politics.
So I leave it at that.]
Havnt watched the latest episode yet. Should be able to catch it later. I have jeremy added on my facebook
He shared a photo of them after the season. Him. Capt and megen all on cappys nice big boat. So his fine by looks of things.
I dont think any of these tv shows have any real treasure hunters. More just entertainers Cork is a researcher but i think his field skills are really lacking.

Myth hunters is a great show on the other hand. More of a doco style but.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate how fake and scripted it is. Why can't someone make a real treasure show? I know it's "TV boring" but it would be fascinating.

The acting is horrible in this. The woman and "Cappy" are the worst I've seen in a long time.

I hate how everything they do works out perfectly and this round stone map thing is an obvious plant.

Cliffs: fake show but dang it, I have to watch because it's treasure related.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That Cappy is one fine actor !
I see this thread is in "Shipwrecks" .....more like a train wreck !
Gary

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news for those who are bore, next week will be the last show of the season. No person in their right mind would climb that rock and plant a small rock with writing. It was recently planted for the show. This show is not real.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The good news for those who are bore, next week will be the last show of the season. No person in their right mind would climb that rock and plant a small rock with writing. It was recently planted for the show. This show is not real.

If it was real it would be a documentary.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
I agree!! When he pulled out that rock and stated "It has engraving!".......BULL$***. That is when I decided that they can't even fake these shows good. BAD!!!

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Atleast they are making more progress than Oak Island. 1.5 seasons and im learning more than 4 seasons of OI

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
When Bret jumped out on that rock, I thought I was watching a Playstation game. He does look a lot like Nathan Drake from Uncharted. In fact, the whole series is basically a live-action version of "Drake's Fortune" minus all the gunfights.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... the whole series is basically a live-action version of "Drake's Fortune" minus all the gunfights.

Oh lord, don't give them any ideas! I'm sure they are watching us to get ideas of what to do next. The more outrageous, the better they like it.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When Bret jumped out on that rock, I thought I was watching a Playstation game. He does look a lot like Nathan Drake from Uncharted. In fact, the whole series is basically a live-action version of "Drake's Fortune" minus all the gunfights.
I had a laugh when megan jumped in the water with a stick. Wading right past both of the zodiacs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread