Treasure tragedy

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really?!? Not the kind of "therapy" I set out for while hunting treasure. Sounds more like the movie Deliverance. Q the banjo music.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the third death resulting from Fenn's treasure. Three deaths as a result of chasing an illusion?
Still, Mr.Fenn's got nothing on this illusion........
Pokémon GO Death Tracker
Luckily this fad is loosing popularity!
:BangHead:

Last edited:

TheLocKing

Greenie
Jul 17, 2017
Manchester
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much is Fenn at fault here? Doesn't seem much to go on in that report considering he was seemingly with other people when the raft capsized? It all sounds very confusing.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much is Fenn at fault here? Doesn't seem much to go on in that report considering he was seemingly with other people when the raft capsized? It all sounds very confusing.

It appears the guy was simply on a rafting trip, likely not looking for the treasure at the time of the accident. The media, as always, spun this story to their own liking.

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look Fenn has stated many times that its not in a place that is hard to get to, dangerous or life threatening. He was 80 something and carried 2 loads in one day from his car. So in my mind if you put yourself at risk looking for the treasure thats on you, not Fenn.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There have been 3 deaths while rafting on the Snake River, in the last month. Fenn had nothing to do with any of them. Blaming Fenn for any death is not a smart thing to do. People have free will, and should man-up and take responsibility for their own decisions. It would really pee me off, if I died searching for any treasure, and people blamed the treasure, or the robbers that hid it, or Fenn, if that were the case.
Jim

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No mention if the guy was wearing a helmet or a PFD when rafting. Could have drowned due to not having safety equipment on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread