Treasure

K

Kentucky Kache

Nyome heard about the treasure in bulliit county ky? There is a large rock that has two large carving on it. Suppose ably the carving direct u to the treasure. It's called pine knob rock or something. Any input will help

You're probably referring to Buttonmold Knob, and the carving of the Indian head. I have pictures of the carving, which I posted on here a few years back.

K

Kentucky Kache

My post seems to be gone now, but here is a pic of the carving, posted by someone else.
scan.jpg

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the story behind this? I live in grundy VA about 30 minutes from pike county KY and i have never heard of this.Any background info will be appreciated!

HH John

K

Kentucky Kache

Whats the story behind this? I live in grundy VA about 30 minutes from pike county KY and i have never heard of this.Any background info will be appreciated!

HH John

This is just south of Louisville.

It is said that when settlers first came through, an Indian was seen living in this area. The Indian supposedly traded silver to the settlers for salt, which was a huge mistake. The Indian was tortured and killed, but never told the whereabouts of the silver, though he did admit to having silver and gold hidden in the area.

True or not, that's the tale. I would guess that, like most other stories, there is at least a grain of truth in it, but also a lot of false.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just south of Louisville.

It is said that when settlers first came through, an Indian was seen living in this area. The Indian supposedly traded silver to the settlers for salt, which was a huge mistake. The Indian was tortured and killed, but never told the whereabouts of the silver, though he did admit to having silver and gold hidden in the area.

True or not, that's the tale. I would guess that, like most other stories, there is at least a grain of truth in it, but also a lot of false.

Thanks for the info,I`ll see what names if any i can pull up concerning this tale.

HH John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread