TreasureTales Travelogue - Day 2 - Nevada

T

TreasureTales

TreasureTales' Travelogue - Day 2 - Nevada

Wednesday - Day 2: Nevada - The Silver State

And you thought gas in your town was expensive! This gas station was in Lovelock.

You'd think that a state which permits prostitution, gambling, drinking, and topless showgirls would also allow metal detecting in city parks. Nope! Rule 8 - No Metal Detectors. I quickly left Lovelock and headed for Winnemucca.

Attachments

• GasPrices-Lovelock.jpg
    GasPrices-Lovelock.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Lovelock Sign.jpg
    Lovelock Sign.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 226

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Re: TreasureTales' Travelogue - Day 2 - Nevada

stay away from the cathouses there in winnamucca, I go there every year to resurface the drums that they make the instant potatoes on (see attached pict) will be there again in aug. But if you want a good laugh go check the cathouses out. I had some picts of them but cant find them,,,,,,,,nasty, nasty
The second pict was the hills right outside winnamucca in early aug. we didnt pack any warm clothes, and had hit walmart up for some warm ones.
capt_t

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 222

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Where ya headed on your trip TT? I've got a few spots down in NV you might wanna check out.

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

Nevada is just a layover, Jeffro. I'm actually headed for Wyoming. Don't know why exactly, just enjoy Wyoming and it's scenery. Might try to find some fossils near Kemmerer.

Capt_t - I'm not at all interested in the cathouses. If I were to get a job at one, it would only be as a dish washer because I'm too old and fat and broken down to be any good as a pro. Fact is, I could only charge a nickel a pop, and at that rate I'd do better picking up cans along the higway. :D My own personal opinion about men who frequent prostitutes - if they want something new and exciting, maybe they should try changing their underwear more often. That would be new and different for them. LOL (Present company excepted, of course.)

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

TreasureTales, I didnt realize you were of the female variety.lol I wasent sugesting that anybody go in and partake of the cathouses, just check out the little village, it will make ya laugh. When I'm out there in Aug. I will get more picts and post them so everybody can see what I'm talking about. Enjoy your trip, and await the next set of picts you post.
capt_t

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow! Gas is getting up there. We went to Tennessee over the weekend and we saw it as low as $2.96/gal. Here in Ohio (Dayton area) it is $3.07 today. Pretty bad when there is excitement over gas being less than $3.00/gal. I will get really excited if it ever gets under $2.00/gal again. We get conditioned to accept the price, I think.

Thank you TT for sharing your trip with us.

Cheryl

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Hi TT

Good luck finding some Green River fish. I believe there is a pay to dig place someplace around Kemmer. I have dug some neat Green River insects.

Have Fun
George

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

bakergeol said:
Hi TT

Good luck finding some Green River fish. I believe there is a pay to dig place someplace around Kemmer. I have dug some neat Green River insects.

Have Fun
George

I'd like to get some of those Green River fossil fish, they'd be the ones that didn't get away. ;) The insects sound more interesting to me than the fish. Well, truth be told, I'd be happy with a fossilized twig.

Thanks for all the delightful replies. More travelogue to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread