Tribe of Indians and a Nickel Trifecta!!!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all my finds from the weekend, I hunted a couple different houses and an old park that I have had luck at in the past. I ended up with 7 indians: 1867, 1879, 1882, 1898, 1901, 1902, 1906. One silver rosie, some wheats, smashed thimble,old brass ring.....and something for me that is a difficult task........a NICKEL TRIFECTA!!!! 1868 Shield nickel, my 1st one this season, 1906 V nickel and a real sharp 1915 Buffalo. I am always thrilled when I get old nickels, because I dig SO many low conductor targets chasing after them. Deep nickels bounce around a lot and are rarely ever a nice easy 12-13 signal. The shield nickel was real crazy and it was 08-16, 08-20 bouncing around....digging those junk signals paid off!!!!

DSC00542-1.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

oh and in case I have someone doubting these coins were dug like on my last post here is a dirty picture for you! :icon_thumleft:

dirty.jpg

Upvote 3
Amazing week! The shield is in exceptionally nice condition. What is your preferred cleaning method on your Indians and nickels?

Excellent finds, all! It is neat to find a nickel tri-fecta but one that starts with a shield nickel is particularly special. Especially one with a date!

Very nice saves indeed!

Oh! And about those who choose to doubt, forget 'em. They have enough trouble in their own lives. Don't let them make their issues, yours. :)

HH!

Last edited:
I've been thinking about asking permission at some of the old houses around here, but Haven't had a whole lot of experience with hunting yards. I have always hunted old parks and mills. Any advice???

Awesome finds! Congrats, I'd love to find me a spot like that! Keep huntin

Very nice trifecta and a nice pile of indians

wow what a nice Buffalo :occasion14:

killer finds yet again!, and i like the last pic/comment lol

killer finds yet again!, and i like the last pic/comment lol
lol, I knew YOU would.....sometimes you have to show the dirty pics lmao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back