Tried For A Cache-No Luck Yet

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Got out today looking for a known cache of silver dollars. Buried next to a woodpile he said. Then mentioned the woodpile was moved 6-7 times before they knew of the cache. The 2 houses burned down and junk everywhere not to mention the thorn vines, little saplings, poison ivy and oak. No place to really swing even an 8x9 coil, had to switch to a sniper coil. Afraid though that it won't get enough depth. But did find a skillet full of bullets and a couple of medallions off a high top mocc.

Attachments

• S3012703.JPG
    S3012703.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 763
  • meadllion2.JPG
    meadllion2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 765
  • medallion.JPG
    medallion.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 766
  • rcart..JPG
    rcart..JPG
    56 KB · Views: 766
  • rcart.2.JPG
    rcart.2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 755
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Keep at it...you will find the cache eventually...I love the medallions and the casings would be fun finds too! :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Good lead stoney.Keep at it.Do a little research on the area,those wood piles were moved for a reason,why? Closer to the supply? More conveient?Survey that area good and then go get it.(Nice finds).

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep at it Stoney.....all those "ugly" place's could sure hold it,never know.....Wouldn't give up :thumbsup: Best of Luck!!!!

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks everyone. Will keep trying. Will try and get a pic or two of the area next time. Someone used the place for target practice as well. There's old beer cans, pop cans, and Lord knows what else. Clearing out the surface area 1st to see if can get underneath it all. Owner talked about using a dozer to clear the big junk out.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you need is a good freeze to kill the weeds so you can see what you're doing. How reliable is the information Jeff? PM me. Jim (Monty)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Stoney are those fancy Zipper Pulls.....? ::) :wink:

Still some cool finds and you know the cache is there. May be time for a weed eater or a goat.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
mastereagle22 said:
Stoney are those fancy Zipper Pulls.....? ::) :wink:

Still some cool finds and you know the cache is there. May be time for a weed eater or a goat.

Thanks ME. Nope, no zipper pulls. That is a latch to probably a jewelry case or something similar. It would swing down and allow a small padlock to secure it.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you find that cache, you'll post photos of it all over the website and tell us all about it, right? :wink:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dug the skillet, you need to go back to where it came from. They usually don't randomly bury themselves. I would use a steel probe several feet long and gently but firmly probe where the skillet was buried. You just never know. For the cache to be 14 - 16 inches deep would not be a big surprise. The skillet may have been the locator.

Good luck.

Bob

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
BuckleBoy said:
When you find that cache, you'll post photos of it all over the website and tell us all about it, right? :wink:

::) yeah...LOL.

Monty, we'll send you the coordinates. Don't worry about walking distance. From where I parked, I could put a 4 inch group from a .380 into where the side of the house would have been.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those medallions are neat! Keep looking for that loot!! :icon_pirat:

Good luck! Nana :)

K

Kentucky Kache

RJGMC said:
If you dug the skillet, you need to go back to where it came from. They usually don't randomly bury themselves. I would use a steel probe several feet long and gently but firmly probe where the skillet was buried. You just never know. For the cache to be 14 - 16 inches deep would not be a big surprise. The skillet may have been the locator.

Good luck.

Bob

What he said.

Keep at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions