BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up one of these pans this weekend. I had some concentrates to break it in with and give it a test. These things are impressive; although not a traditional gold pan in most respects. If you haven't seen how they work, check out this link:

There is another video on Youtube, but that guy doesn't use it correctly. This video is from the manufacturer. -Luke

Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks cool, I have a couple different pans along the same line, with nugget traps and mini sluices. In the right hands they work pretty good but sure are alot of variables on operating. "hold this way", "swish this way" "spin this way" 'hold this angle for this side". IMHO keep it simple (KISS principle) and bullet proof. Watch Mike Pungs fine gold challenge videos (12 shory videos) on Youtube about classifying and panning. Hard to beat the methods he shows for simplicity, accuracy, and efficiency.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use the trinity pan, works great for normal panning and to get rid of the black sand. Don't use the little sluice area thou.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this little pan. I own the large and small version of them and they are a great prospecting tool. the sluice area works good. just the only thing I'd say to remember is the smaller the gold your dealing with the higher you have yo keep the tip. I can get close to 100 mesh with this guy before I start loosing gold out of it. don't use the side to side method. there's 1 video on YouTube that shows side to side. and from my experience with it it makes holding onto the finer gold much more difficult. use the way the video you posted tells you to.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Think of this as a sluice and not a pan and you'll be much better off, lol. This thing is designed to run a lot of concentrates and I can see it being an interesting processing tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread