Trio Hunt: 2 New U.S. Sites + a Ghost Story!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last spring, the Trio & Tennessee Digger secured permission to hunt a site and we dug several CW (Union) relics there. Since we dug relics there just west of a neighbors fence and Dman & I dug relics east of the same neighbor’s fence, there had to be relics on the neighbor’s property. The very nice property owner we met last spring said that he would ask his neighbors for permission to allow us to hunt. Apparently, he gave us glowing references as responsible hunters who filled our holes, did what we said we would do, and were interested in the local CW history, we did secure permission from his neighbors to detect. Great,
As luck would have it, his neighbors were very nice and interested in the history of their several acres. The neighbor lady actually had an ancestor who was a Major in the Confederate army from Georgia and I helped her find more info. about her Great, Great, Grandfather (Gen. Lee approved his leave of absence papers when he had to return to GA for family matters). Not only did they welcome us onto their property but helped us secure permission to detect from their very nice neighbors to the south who were also anxious to learn the history of their acreage.
The finds from my scouting trips (first 2 pics) and our hunts today are shown in the last 2 pics on the “Relic Rag” donated by Modern Miner. Doug & Josh both found bullets at Site one and my only contribution today beside campfire lead at site one was the old iron buckle and 1920 dime. Josh had to leave early so Doug & I hunted a site about a mile away where I had dug relics last June. Doug’s first target was a new army Colt .44 cal. pistol bullet. We both dug Burnside Carbine bullets, and I recovered the thimble and old pocket knife. All finds from site 2 are consistent with a U.S. Cavalry site and we will return there.
Now, here are the ghost stories. The site is near the center of a U.S. camp. The nice gentleman with property to the west who let Dman & I hunt there two summers ago asked me if there was a battle on his land. I told him that I was not aware of a battle there but Union Soldiers did die in the camp from disease as was documented in diaries. He said he had seen “moving shadows” and unusual sightings in his house and did not believe in ghosts but his wife did. We are talking about a college educated individual here and not someone who sees Elvis and aliens. He went on to say that his neighbor lady swears she saw the ghosts. I thought “oh boy”.
It happens that the neighbor lady he referred to as seeing “ghosts” is also a very intelligent, college educated individual who (along with her very successful businessman husband) gave us permission to hunt their property where we were today. She says she occasionally sees “three Indians” who follow her around the property. She said they have colored shirts and khaki colored pants like buckskin. They only show up on the property line between the land owned by her and her husband and the neighbors to the south. To make the story even more interesting, she saw another “Indian” on her porch as she left to go to town one day five years ago and she has never seen him since. She saw a figure on her porch beckoning for her to come back home as she drove away (nobody was home). She went on to town and ran her errands without giving it much thought. Later that evening five years ago last month, A killer tornado hit nearby killing over 30 people in a wide swath through surrounding counties. She felt the “Indian” was warning her of the impending storm. I believe everything she said as I did from the other neighbor. They definitely saw something they could not explain.
I looked hard for the Indians during my scouting trips to no avail. Doug said we could get them to dig our holes-LOL. Josh would fight a ghost over a knapsack hook-LOL. Creepy Huh? HH from the Trio and enjoy the video, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0439.JPG
    DSCN0439.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0481.JPG
    DSCN0481.JPG
    577.2 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN0486 (493x640).jpg
    DSCN0486 (493x640).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN0487 (547x640).jpg
    DSCN0487 (547x640).jpg