triple threat finds!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
First of all, it's been keeping mild lately and digging continues! We missed being too much of a part of the recent nor' easter, although it was mainly a rain event for us, the fields weren't too soaked and muddy.
Me and Iron Patch have been keeping true to our method of madness, hit a tried and true good ole site and find another site to dig. We weren't disappointed with a site we have't seen in a couple of years; actually two, an early French Acadian site with an adjacent Rev War site in the same field, and we discovered a mid 1800s site not too far away.
Got a few flat buttons, some relics (religious medal, lead bale/bag seals, and other odds and ends), few coppers (tokens) and lots of junk
Notable finds included my Rev War pewter buttons and a very well worn French 4 sols coin; I'm guessing 1670s or so!
There's another 1600s silver coin I scooped up with IP close by in the last couple of weeks, he,s a pretty good good luck charm, I'll say!

Attachments

• 121214.JPG
    121214.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 109
  • 4solo.JPG
    4solo.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 4solr.JPG
    4solr.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 133
  • ls.JPG
    ls.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 114
  • rm.JPG
    rm.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 114
  • rp.JPG
    rp.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 115
  • p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 104
  • sb.JPG
    sb.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 7
OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Good job Mr. Horse,

Another 1600's silver for you.....I'll get one one of these days.
The pic just after the silver coin, is that the seal ? sure is a cool design on it, seems I always find the same one over, and over again. (or slight variations of the same one)

Yes, this is some find Dec. weather we are having, it's looking like I just might get a hunt in myself.
You got the right kinds of sites that will produce a coin from that timeframe.
yes, bale seal, I've found that one before at another site.
We are lucky to have days that we can take advantage of because they will be few

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'll take one of each of those for my hunt with Patriot tomorrow! Always nice when the old finds are popping out and you're sharing them. well, except for that silver haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread