triple threat finds!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
First of all, it's been keeping mild lately and digging continues! We missed being too much of a part of the recent nor' easter, although it was mainly a rain event for us, the fields weren't too soaked and muddy.
Me and Iron Patch have been keeping true to our method of madness, hit a tried and true good ole site and find another site to dig. We weren't disappointed with a site we have't seen in a couple of years; actually two, an early French Acadian site with an adjacent Rev War site in the same field, and we discovered a mid 1800s site not too far away.
Got a few flat buttons, some relics (religious medal, lead bale/bag seals, and other odds and ends), few coppers (tokens) and lots of junk
Notable finds included my Rev War pewter buttons and a very well worn French 4 sols coin; I'm guessing 1670s or so!
There's another 1600s silver coin I scooped up with IP close by in the last couple of weeks, he,s a pretty good good luck charm, I'll say!

Attachments

• 121214.JPG
    121214.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 110
  • 4solo.JPG
    4solo.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 4solr.JPG
    4solr.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 134
  • ls.JPG
    ls.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 115
  • rm.JPG
    rm.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 115
  • rp.JPG
    rp.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 116
  • p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 105
  • sb.JPG
    sb.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 7

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a killer day buddy! Congrats on some really nice finds. Rev War pewter and old silver. Yep that's awesome

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, 4 Sols 1674-1677 D mint. (Lyon)

Cool medal, was it from the old spot of somewhere else? It certainly looks the part.

Attachments

• 4solra.jpg
    4solra.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Yep, 4 Sols 1674-1677 D mint. (Lyon)

Cool medal, was it from the old spot of somewhere else? It certainly looks the part.
yeah, a quick search pretty much put me on the silver id, and the medal was from the same site, my last target of the day from there

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, a quick search pretty much put me on the silver id, and the medal was from the same site, my last target of the day from there

The question now is what is the pewter button with the small crown.

Actually I am fairly sure it's a 3rd American... so every time i dug something you found the same! :laughing7: That's kinda messed up.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually I am fairly sure it's a 3rd American... so every time i dug something you found the same! :laughing7: That's kinda messed up.
Everything plus a little........SILVER :-)

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

We couldn't have been more on the same page , doesn't happen too often

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What? You found a Rev war button............Ha! So did I!!! What? You dug a 1600s silver coin?.......Ha! So did I One of those days guys? That must have been a ton of fun. Congratulations on your excellent historic finds.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? You found a Rev war button............Ha! So did I!!! What? You dug a 1600s silver coin?.......Ha! So did I One of those days guys? That must have been a ton of fun. Congratulations on your excellent historic finds.

Went like this...

We get to the site.... I dig an RP button, IH gets back from a quick walk and immediately digs an RP. Later I walk to the bottom of the field and dig a French Liard, say there's stuff here, and he walks down and the first hole he digs is a Liard. I then made a comment ... do you have a 3rd American... and he said no, but he does now! So the question is... where did I take the wrong turn and miss my 1600s silver that should have come first!

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went like this...

We get to the site.... I dig an RP button, IH gets back from a quick walk and immediately digs an RP. Later I walk to the bottom of the field and dig a French Liard, say there's stuff here, and he walks down and the first hole he digs is a Liard. I then made a comment ... do you have a 3rd American... and he said no, but he does now! So the question is... where dd I take the wrong turn and miss my 1600s silver that should have come first!
You just forgot to pee bud. That was your wrong turn. Ok I'm done.... I promise

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You have been posting up some impressive finds as well, putting in the time produces good results

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn fine day for both of you! old military and silver in one hunt…I'd take that…hopefully the weather hold out until Xmas Eve and get a little white stuff and melt again on the 26th…not too much to ask for eh?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds.Looks like sweet diggin and good times.I like the big brass chain too.Do you think it's a watch chain?It looks like it might have floral designs on the links.Pretty neat.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Darn fine day for both of you! old military and silver in one hunt…I'd take that…hopefully the weather hold out until Xmas Eve and get a little white stuff and melt again on the 26th…not too much to ask for eh?
I don't ask for more than a day when you can still put your shovel in the ground and dig a hole.
Some nice weather really helps, hope it stays around, but things change, hourly sometimes, cherish it

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
very nice finds.Looks like sweet diggin and good times.I like the big brass chain too.Do you think it's a watch chain?It looks like it might have floral designs on the links.Pretty neat.
It's plain, but it's one of the longer ones I've found; i think it's neat too, and you're probably right, an old watch chain

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Mr. Horse,

Another 1600's silver for you.....I'll get one one of these days.
The pic just after the silver coin, is that the seal ? sure is a cool design on it, seems I always find the same one over, and over again. (or slight variations of the same one)

Yes, this is some find Dec. weather we are having, it's looking like I just might get a hunt in myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread