tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These birds hang out at the Tooele, Utah Flying J truck stop. I got some gas there and just grabbed some grub off the counter and go over to a patch of grass with some trees in the corner of the parking lot to have lunch. They're a black bird of some kind and the females have more of a dirty yellowish color. The Males are Black and they're always having fights and conflicts it seems with each other. I believe I've seen these birds in Texas before and they make a load chattering call. They're just not the typical black bird types I see in my area. I threw them a few scraps of my lunch so I could get some shots of them. Kind of a motley looking bird species imo.

Attachments

• trip 092019 3.jpg
    trip 092019 3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 84
  • trip 092019 4.jpg
    trip 092019 4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
  • trip 092019 4-.jpg
    trip 092019 4-.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, they look like Grackles to me too. Around here we have the Great Tailed Grackles, they are noisy as as get out, but fun to watch all the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-tailed_grackle
That might be what they are. These guys make a lot chatter, plus I've seen these type of grackles mostly future south. They're not around where I live, as we have a smaller grackle that doesn't make as much a racket as these guys do.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Birds Alfred Hitchcock cool pics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread