Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
Well at least the trucker got dinner....Matt

No I didn't get to have him for dinner. He weighed over 200+ pounds and there was no way I could pick him up. However on November 12th, I hit a 10 point buck and he weighed over 300+ pounds. Me and another driver tried picking him up but we couldn't get him to the road.

Plus, if we would have gotten caught we would have been picked up for poaching! :evil5:

Lonestar

Feb 20, 2006
Muncy, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, 300 #s, glad you got that one out of the way!

In Pa you are allowed road kill but need to notify game commission who will confiscate antlers and hide!

I have only kept 1 out of 4 this year and it was an 8 point, don't know exact weight but grandson weighs 225 and had trouble getting it pulled up to the garage rafters with a block and tackle so we could cut it up, definately the largest I have ever seen here or killed in Pa, my largest weighed was 175!

Problem here was deer vs trailblazer (2) cobalt (1) 91 chev truck (1) and deer won 4 times if you consider the monetary value but it cost them their life! close to $12000 total!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Lucky it wasnt a moose, ive seen cars and trucks after hitting moose and it isnt pretty.My brother use to run his own little body shop. He fixed many a car and truck after tangling with moose. One van he worked on needed, new windshield,new grill,new bumper,new radiator,new water pump,2 new fenders ,2 new doors, new front hood. The moose walked away.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Ohio if you hit deer you call the cops and they will come out and give you a slip so you can keep the deer. I always told my kids and wife to never serve for a deer. The car can be replace your life can not. In my life time I have hit around 8 deers and sometime they really mess up my car or truck......Matt

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... down heah in Jawja we got so many deer the legal limit for hunters is 12 deer, only TWO of which may have antlers. I've been in numerous deer/vehicle collisions. At least these deer usually don't go over 120-150 pounds. Still tears up the front of your vehicle. Last time I was doing about 60MPH passing an old farm... a doe hit the ditch at full throttle coming from behind a grape arbor, hit the road, and the Dodge hit her. Didn't even have enough time to take my foot from the accelerator. Mangled deer, busted grill, broken headlight. I backed up to ensure the animal was dead (I'd have put a round in her head if not, she was bad broken) and to check my front end and radiator. Five Beagle dogs came out of the same path she was fleeing from, baying and barking like nobody's business. I gave serious consideration to shooting the dogs, but just told myself eff-it. The doe was too mangled to salvage... full side body collision, then under both passenger side tires. A shame... she was lactating also, so I guess that fawn passed early.
Robin

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to hunt deer in Oklahoma with a Chevy pickup. Just drive down the road and eventually one or twelve will run out in front of you. Moose are bad to hit, rjc. They stand up taller so have a tendency to come in through your windshield. They're darker and I don't think their eyes reflect like deer's do. We had one passenger fatality this year on I-70 outside of town from a moose-vehicle collision.

breed12

Jun 19, 2011
okla city okla
Detector(s) used
mxt pro. Cibola - bandido two
here in oklahoma they passed a law that if you hit a dear,you can keep the dear all you have to do is get a dear tag for it even if its out of season but hitting a dear will total out most cars

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Been very lucky, have never hit one. Friend down in Texas hit one at Thanksgiving, it was an 8 pointer and did $12,000 damage to her Navigator.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
My wife and I hit one a few weeks ago in my 2011 Chevy one ton. 4 deer were crossing the highway. I swerved to miss the first two which I did. I ALMOST missed the third doe but I hit her at 60MPH with my right bumper. The 4th deer turned and went back the way it came. Total damage was $2500.00. Tough truck I guess. I saw my next door neighbor the next morning and told her I got my first deer last night. They are big hunters. She said really, where is it at? I told her it was on 87 about 2 miles up the road. I killed it with my truck. She just looked at me. LOL TMAN...

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, maybe 'ol spiky there wanted to become a hood ornamant....and lost!! :tard: :tard:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Illinois if you hit one all you have to do is call the local sheriff and he'll get you a paper to take in for a tag, You don't even have to hit it yourself, a buddy and I were on our way home one night and saw a deer get hit, so we stopped, and ended up with a good amount of meat, problem is a lot of the meat was just shredded and full of splintered bone so we couldn't do much with it.

Not sure how it works in Louisiana though..... :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread