True Blue Custom Mining and Milling in gillpin county

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow my head just about snapped off when I saw this sign today. I went down to the city offices in central city asking about this and yep its a legitimate thing. a NEW gold mill just one mile down the road from my mine. I left my card on the door and hope to here from them soon.
I have been told they are nice people. the name I was given for them was Jeffry Marshal . I have no other info on them so any one Knows any thing Id like to talk to them. Bryan In Denver Colorado

to clarify ----I thought it might be a log/lumber mill so I stopped at the county offices and talked to the county planner. he said it was for mining and on the county record they are listed as True Blue custom Mining and Milling. I then went back to the drive with the sign and down to the building and found a crude gravity wash plant. So I left a note on the door and hope they call me! I will post info as I get it. this Is a very important find for Colorado miners that need there ore milled. I hope they are able to do more than a gravity wash plant(like a placer mill). I did see a big jaw crusher siting inside the footprint of what will be an addition to a building. So I speculate It Is going to be doing hard rock too. For mine owners that are aware of the milling situation in Colorado and the USA you know a gold mill that will take ore in small loads is a very rare thing Id say there are less than 3 . now you know why Im excited about this. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• trueblue1.jpg
    trueblue1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
up date on the true blue mill. yesterday I delivered 1 ton of gold ore to the true blue mill! it is located in gilpin county colorado at the same site as the glory hole mill.
if your wondering it took three trips with a ford explorer and thirty five five gallon buckets. the ore I delivered has had assays as high as 6 tenths of an oz per ton 17 grams per ton. the mill owner want me to be there on thursday to see the process. and the reduction should be from 1 to 5 ---or--- as good as 1 to 15. more on Thursday. and pics. Bryan

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they just crushing and concentrating? How much are they whacking you? Curious minds want to know.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
up date on the true blue mill. yesterday I delivered 1 ton of gold ore to the true blue mill! it is located in gilpin county colorado at the same site as the glory hole mill.
if your wondering it took three trips with a ford explorer and thirty five five gallon buckets. the ore I delivered has had assays as high as 6 tenths of an oz per ton 17 grams per ton. the mill owner want me to be there on thursday to see the process. and the reduction should be from 1 to 5 ---or--- as good as 1 to 15. more on Thursday. and pics. Bryan

Just curious......Any idea if the gold in your ore is free milling? If not, do you or the custom plant have the equipment and chemicals necessary to separate and recover the gold?

Good luck.

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the charge is $160 per ton. and due to regulations the only chem they are allowed to use is jet dry. thats probably why they they are able to get up and running in so short a time! I do wish they would do a flotation circuit . the owner (jeff) has told me to expect over 90% recovery. and I do not have any free gold in it at all. also my test have shown that all of my gold is tied to the pyrite (sulfide form) My neighbor a few hundred feet away has used a spiral wheel to good effect. and has pulled a very pure sample of fine grained pyrite from his tails pile. The mill has been looked at buy the state and Jeff is following there recommendations. It would be rely nice if I could get it down to 100 lbs of concentrates containing a half oz of gold and 3 oz of silver. Yes Im getting ahead of my self these sort of things seam to always take longer than they should. and getting a (reduction) mill going in the usa is a miracle in its self . and its happening just a few miles from my mine. my big question is can it get 90% using gravity methods only. Im sure this will spark a debate here . All are welcome to put in your 2 cents and let us know what you think. Bryan in Denver Colorado

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I may take the concentrates from true blue and do a float on them to concentrate to an even higher % and if Im not losing gold in my tails this may be the way I go.
I now have 3 offers to refine my concentrates. 1 is for $500 a ton. 1 is for $100 a ton. and 1 is to give me 50 % of the assay value and they keep whats left... the $500 a ton guy seamed happy with 500 lbs if it had a grade of 10 oz per ton. which would be 2.5 oz to me. as you all can now see there are 100 ways to deal with gold ore. and I will be exploring more than a few of them. the biggest hold back is getting it concentrated close to the source. something that we can all do for our selves in most cases. even the panners / dredgers do this buy dumping the last oz in the pan into a save bucket and then letting a wheel do the last of the concentrating at home. Bryan in denver Colorado

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh...... too far unless your going there for another purpose and combine the business.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh...... too far unless your going there for another purpose and combine the business.

I haven't checked these guys out but they are here in Tucson. Arizona Refiner Tucson Testing & Processing Black Sands
When I strike it rich on the beaches there in Oregon this trip I will check them out...or not.:laughing7: I have thought about using them before for some other gold that I have. Click the link for How to - Placer... for some pretty good info about placers, etc.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't checked these guys out but they are here in Tucson. Arizona Refiner Tucson Testing & Processing Black Sands
When I strike it rich on the beaches there in Oregon this trip I will check them out...or not.:laughing7: I have thought about using them before for some other gold that I have. Click the link for How to - Placer... for some pretty good info about placers, etc.
Quite a list of resources they have there..... I already have several of them but with all the looking around I do it is no surprise.
See ya i a month or so.

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont want to chat about the ones that Im not using. I will be happy to chat about the one that i have used or am using. there is tons of info missing from every ones web site. Id never deal with any of them with out a in depth chat on the phone. I want to know what my return should be given my ore type. also is there any thing I can do to make the ore richer like a contra float for pyrites. such as doing a basic float with the ph above 9.5 to stop the pyrites from reporting to the froth. I have actually done this and I was able to get 100% of the pyrites to report to the tails as cons. All I had to do was add lime to the water and use ph test strips every 15 min. Having a reduction mill so close to my mine Is a very big thing for me and a lot of others too. I will be there on Thursday when they run my first ton of ore and will have lots of pictures and a report. Bryan In Denver Colorado...

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am scheduled to do a 1 ton test run tomorrow at true blue . I have found out a few days ago they are not fully permitted and can only do test and sampling runs at this time.
there is a hearing for them to get there full permit on july 12th. more on that tomorrow. I will be taking a bunch of pictures and giving a full report on the operation after Iv got my first (test) run done. .Bryan in Denver Colorado .... Just a fun picture I found on bing images.

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 121

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I might feel safe there.....if I were up against the cliff outside of the building.:laughing7:

OP
OP
solarsmith

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
at this time true blue is still trying to get permitting. and can only process free milling ore. no sulfides. they did try my ore and it went from 17grams a ton to 2.5 grams a ton. they used a placer type sluice. there system is not good for pyruitic (sulfide) ore. perhaps after the get a permit to do flotation concentration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread