TRX, fantastic pinpointer.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
I find it a little strange there's not much talk of the TRX here, great pinpointer, used it for the first time today and am very impressed. It's not my first pinpointer, I have a garrett one but it went faulty long ago.

It's such a pleasure having extra depth that other pinpointers are said to lack. I often use the pinpointer as a guide to tell me that a target is deep or not, before I dig it. If the TRX doesn't pick it up, that's a good sign and depending on where I am and what the target ID is, saves me digging extra holes. I can also dig more accurately If I decide to, when TRX signals on top of the ground. Sometimes I only look for modern coins, sometimes I mainly want old silvers, that extra depth helps.

I also like how there's no side detection, I can dig smaller holes because of this, such a nice feature!

I tried it on my walls and furniture, the ground balance/grab feature can let you desensitise the pointer, seemed to work well this way inside the house. Ground balancing on the target lets you get tighter and close to it, very very handy feature. Along with the downward detection only, these two things are what really make this device tight and accurate.

This post reads a little like something from a company man, ha! I should point out this is my only White's machine. Just a little surprised not much talk around forums of the TRX, White's have a real winner here.

Downsides are only minor, had to cover the speaker hole and dampen the speaker itself, I don't like noise (you can turn the sound off, but it still makes noise when turning on/off which I sometimes do a lot during a dig). The pinpointer doesn't slide in the holster very well and it sits a little too high. If they made the holster a little bigger it would have been right. It's also designed for right handed use, not a big deal, the button could sit a little higher on the device again, I can live with it.

Touch wood, I hope it continues to function for a long time as good as it does now. Garretts and Minelab pinpointers are said to get faulty beyond 12 months, my propointer did. Time will tell.

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, I love my trx! I put electric tape over the speaker and used Plasti Dip on the tip to protect it.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, the TRX is the best one I've owned/ used. It does seem to false occasionally (won't stop signaling), but all is well once restarted.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right it is king but there are those who still need that "water proof" label.

OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
All pinpointers should be water resistant, but as to waterproof...? why would you need that anyway? If you're wading you have to dunk your whole body underwater just to fool around. You don't need a pinpointer at the beach anyway.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you, my favorite is the TRX and is what I use all the time but every time the pin pointer subject comes up the water proof issue surfaces. I am sure you will find out from some of them on this thread.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep buddys keep asking to borrow mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions