Anyone Near Philadelphia and own a DFX??

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for someone in the Philadelphia area who owns a DFX and would be willing to meet me someplace so I could compare max AC setting of the two machines. Mine has been to whites, for check over but it is either so sensitive to EMI it on the 3kHz channel it can not be used in any populated area or there is something wrong with the board. Whites just turns them on in coin mode and if it works they call it good.. The boss supposedly takes them out and test them but I can not imagine they spend much time messing with them. I yes my note said unstable threshold, constant chatter with AC over 65. They aid I needed new coils.. all 3 were bad (used machine just bought it) Sold me a new 950, gave me a used (looks new) D2 and supposedly repaired the 4x6.. machine is not much different than when they started..

Very frustrated as the noise on the 3kHz channel effect all the modes.. Would love to set both up the same and see if they act the same.
Here is what mine does with the C/J program loaded and set to 3kHz only.
State Park video

Ball field

And many other locations including the center of a large Cemetery.. always the same.. what can it be picking up?? Or is it generating the noise itself..??

Called the tech back at white, he said he would have his boss call me because he had no idea other than load the default coin program and it it works it is OK. boss still has not called me back..

Pulling the coil wire off does not completely silence the the noise.. should it?

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate to see that you are still having difficulty with the DFX. If you are having to knock the PAG down to 20 and the AC Sensitivity down to 60 to get your machine to settle down either you are getting EMI or there is something wrong with your machine. Will it do the same thing in best data or 15Khz only? The DFX is much more sensitive to EMI in the 3Khz only setting in my experience. I was working an apartment complex in low income housing with the DFX and could not get the machine to settle down similar to what you are experiencing. I had to change to 15Khz only to get it to settle down.

OP
OP
airscapes

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3kHz is the fly in the puddin. It effect best data and Correlated and 15kHz to some extent.. You can hear the threshold changing volume as it would be chattering in 3kHz when set to 15 only. If I was load the default C/J program it would not be all that stable with the defaults, if then switch to 15 only you can get PAG=3 AC=70 max. This happens EVERYWHERE I have tired it. Tomorrow I am running out near Harrisburg PA to visit my mom. I plan to stop along 222 which is a 4 lane interstate with no overhead wires, and flanked by fields .. if it acts the same I am calling whites back AGAIN on Monday as the Techs Boss never called me as the tech had promissed.. I will also try it at different locations on the grounds of the Masonic Village where my mom lives and other places as we run errands. May even run down to my Brother in Laws and try it in his Deer Pen.. (over and down the hill from the street where the power lines are.
If it act the same in all these places there is no freakin way it is EMI. Also when you have page set to 3 and ac 70 in 3kHz only and pull the coil wire is still keeps making some noise..
When using it in a stable manner AC at 60 the VIDs are all over the place an it make my Coinmaster GT look like a Far more power and accurate machine.. NOT what I had expected.. and why I shipped it across the country to the factory...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread