trying o dig deeper with the V3i

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Photo on 9-12-17 at 2.28 PM.jpg Photo on 9-12-17 at 2.28 PM #2.jpg Photo on 9-12-17 at 2.30 PM.jpg Photo on 9-12-17 at 2.32 PM.jpg Photo on 9-12-17 at 2.33 PM.jpg

went out to a very hunted out park with the V3I. worked super slow and methodical. Picked up 2 Indians 1892 at 8" and the 1906 at 10" they were both loud and good signals but gave little target area. Picked up 4 rings (all junkers) 8 Wheats including a 1910 S all were over 7" and 2 Spokane Union Railways tokens from the 20-40's. It was hard work but I learned a new trick. I go out to curb strips or newer parks for a while and dig a bunch of clad then go to the older cleared parks when I'm tired and need to move slower. Good Hunting and thanks for looking

Upvote 21
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's MackDog on some nice finds. I use the Whites MXT All Pro here in Georgia. I am mostly a relic hunter and I really like the MXT. It looks as though you have mastered the v3i and are doing well with it. Continued Success to you.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems like you were not "trying" but rather doing it. Great job I'm envious of your machine.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds- that 10-S wheat is a better date for sure. Slow and methodical, tires my arms, but works very well for me.

-- Jeff --

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! a very hunted out park...you did some nice cleaning up.. WTG!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I understand your reasoning, it is easier to slow down even more when tired. it is when the mindset gets to being slow all the time that becomes more easier to do. looks like it is being very productive for you

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice oldies on the coins and tokens. Low & slow is a good way to go on hammered parks. Most folks seem to be in a hurry to locate those no brainer shallow repeatable signals. It takes a trained ear and patience to locate the deeper signals and many times they are iffy at best or in your case "short" target area. Were you using the 10" DD coil? I used that back in the day on my DFX and M6. Damn good coil and separates very well in trash for a bigger coil.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice oldies on the coins and tokens. Low & slow is a good way to go on hammered parks. Most folks seem to be in a hurry to locate those no brainer shallow repeatable signals. It takes a trained ear and patience to locate the deeper signals and many times they are iffy at best or in your case "short" target area. Were you using the 10" DD coil? I used that back in the day on my DFX and M6. Damn good coil and separates very well in trash for a bigger coil.:icon_thumright:

I use and love the Detech 12 x 15 it separates really well. Once you get used to it you can use it in high trash areas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread