Upvote 0

yardgoat

May 15, 2015
Salmon, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can go to Ebay and type gram scale in the search bar, it will bring up battery operated digital gram scales that are small enough for your pocket or to pack with you. They are not very expensive. Hope this helps.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of them on Amazon. Think I paid $25 for mine which came with a 100 gram calibration weight.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would choose one that measures to 0.01 (one-one hundredth) grams accuracy at the very least. One tenth gram is about four bucks and one hundredth gram is about forty cents at today's gold price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
found a couple on amazon that looks good to me
what do you all recommend as far as how much weight they will weigh the two I am looking at will weigh up to 300grams and 500 grams but there was several 100 grammers there also the two that I liked the most weigh as little as 0.01 grams

again thanks to all that replies and those that have replied already greatly appreciated

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would choose one that measures to 0.01 (one-one hundredth) grams accuracy at the very least. One tenth gram is about four bucks and one hundredth gram is about forty cents at today's gold price.

I have been very happy with my Gemini 20 Milligram scale. It's about $20 from Amazon and takes 20 grams with 0.001 g (1 mg) precision. This works really nicely for weighing out gold particles.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7hay4obxr0_e

Just checked and it is $25 now on Amazon; up about $5 in two years.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I think Kenmitch posted the scale you want ! Remember you are going to weigh the gold as "Troy" Oz's and if the scale doesn't do a repeatable weight ,it AINT WORTH SQWAT unless your a "recreational" prospector and just want to see it weighed!

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
amazon! mine works fine. I took some bullets from my reloading stuff and checked the calibration and it seems to be spot on. mine came with a 500 gram cal weight.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the help to all that replied I did order one off of amazon suppose to have it Sunday but I don't know who in the world delivers on Sunday free 2 day shipping through amazon prime

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help to all that replied I did order one off of amazon suppose to have it Sunday but I don't know who in the world delivers on Sunday free 2 day shipping through amazon prime

USPS has Sunday Amazon delivery...enjoy!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the best with your purchase,

Lanny

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone please tell me where I can purchase a small pocket scale for weighing gold and silver

thanks for any and all help

Yep, ebay or amazon. You can get a VERY nice scale for under $30. Just make sure it's a reputable seller and use paypal to protect your bank account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread