Trying to put together Spring hunt in Mid-Missouri

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
First, trying to gauge interest. How many ppl would be interested in a Mid-Missouri hunt?
Price range entry fee between $80-$110?
Price range entry fee between $115-150?

Friday night get together with stocked Hunt Saturday morning... Saturday afternoon.. area to hunt relics... Stocked hunt Sunday morning with prizes afterwards?

Early to mid-May?

Entry open to 75 hunters?
Entry open to 100 hunters?
Entry open to 125 hunters?
Would that many show up?

Who has ran a hunt that I could talk to? I'm not afraid of putting it together, just would like to pick your brain a little bit. IM me.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should hold it in Early to Mid-January and supply free Vodka. :)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
1. Seeded hunts?Don't believe too many would be interested.
2. Entry fee too high.

Go to the Tnet Member Hunts thread and look back over;JD's Mo Hunt,Cth1,Cth2,LBH,that should give you a lot of info on what most of the members like in the mid-west. Goodluck on whatever you decide.There may already be someone working on a hunt but it's not for disclosure at this time.This is just my opinion.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Missouri is a great place for relics. Seeded hunts are ok but generally left for clubs to put on. You would probably find more interest if you could come up with a spot with some history to it and put out a Tnet invite. You may have to even pay a property owner or get permission of some sort. Check out the other threads that Warsawdaddy posted and you will get some great ideas.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'd like to do a hunt in Missouri, but, regular hunt, not seeded LMO

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I would totally be in for a relic hunt, not a seeded hunt...Please keep us all posted!
Baggins

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, after the CTH2... I'd be all for a relic hunt too!!
The fee's are quite high as well, with how the economy is going. Maybe if it's not a seeded hunt, the entry fee's could be lowered... ???
Keep us updated!

Bran <><

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Missouri, just moved down to the Forgotten Coast last Summer. I'd be interested in going back to hunt an area with the possibility of finding relics too, but I agree about a 'seeded hunt' not being that interesting, especially for the price.
The fun in detecting for me is finding those historic items that were actually lost or buried that would never be found otherwise and trying to figure out how they might have come to be there.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
godisnum1 said:
Yep, after the CTH2... I'd be all for a relic hunt too!!
The fee's are quite high as well, with how the economy is going. Maybe if it's not a seeded hunt, the entry fee's could be lowered... ???
Keep us updated!

Bran <><

lol heck after CTH2 and meeting you, I figured the way you were diggin, thoughts came that you and TC were just after privies lol

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, ha... well I'm an amateur when it comes to privies, though TC seems to be the pro at it! I enjoyed it because it brought me back to my archaeology days. :)

But now I've got that huge Lesche relic shovel to help me out next time 'round!! Though with certain situations, I still prefer my hand trowel. :wink:

Bran <><

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY!

I am on the East side of K.C. and have not been to an organized hunt for a very long time. Let me know what dates you may be looking at. I am only tied up for about 3 weekends this coming spring/summer. I have a garage full of car parts I need to peddle at a couple of swap meets. If we get a date picked, I can tell you if I am in or out.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

miner mike

Feb 17, 2008
Holts Summit Mo.
Detector(s) used
XL Pro- Fischer 1266x
Mohole i'm in Jeff city and i'd be interested in a mid-Mo.spring hunt.I think the main thing is to keep the cost down but prizes will allso reflect that,heck with the prizes i'd rather have a hot meal at the end of the day.I think to meet somewhere on a Friday night or Saturday morning and hunt Saturday and again on Sunday till noon would work for a few i know that i could get to go.Let me know!!!!!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'd be interested... fee is a little on the high side for me, but that's me. Early May *might* be iffy for me (us) as the latest grandchild is due end of April-early May. although we could maybe do the hunt on the way to my son's place...

I'll keep my fingers crossed, anyway.

Nan
(st louis)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Would be interested. If the fee is for leasing an area to hunt (not to cover target seeding) then it's not too bad. We'd rather find real stuff than planted items. Unless you already have a lot of the pre hunt plans done, you can expect @ least 6 mo. to get it all together and set a date.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I would agree that the entry fee is too high for me and I am not interested in a seeded hunt. I would rather dig rusty junk ,than a seeded. :icon_queen:

I would like to wait until school is out and I would need to camp somewhere .

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to have an age restriction? Would like to bring grandson hes 9 and loves to hunt but still would like details! ;D

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I think 100 entry fee is resonable for a unsearched battle field or a good BIG virgin sight.
Im not into seeded hunts myself.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the research is there to show there was somethin there like a field that use to be a town, are really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions