Tuesdays Roll Finds - 06/06/06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday's Roll Finds - 06/06/06

I got $250 in dimes and $500 in halves today to search. The halves yielded 2 40% (65 & 67) and the dimes gave me 4 silvers. The dime tunrout is the best I've had in a while! The years are 62, 62D, 64, & 64. I also got another $1 star note today. That gives me 7 in the past 2 weeks.

Whenever I bring in my change to be counted I asked for maybe $200 in $1's and few more hundred in $5's and search them for older date bills, errors, star notes, etc. and then just take them to the bank where I buy my coin from and use them to buy coin. Plus, if there are cute tellers it gives you a few minutes of conversation time when they are counting several hundred in $1's, haha.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tuesday's Roll Finds - 06/06/06

killerwine said:
Have you found any web notes? Been thinking of trying some bills myself....

http://quadrigaancients.com/web/

Thanks for the link... up until you showed me I knew they existed but had no idea how to identify them. The major problem with web notes is that they were only made up until 1995. Out of $200 today I got maybe 5 pre-2000. You don't see them very often anymore because the average lifespan of a $1 bill is about 18months from what I remember.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

The bills don't last...that's true. Keep an eye out though....My wife is a Jr. High counselor and also runs the student store. Lots of $1 bills...around $200 per day. I have her checking and also bringing me home silver quarters! ;D What bills should I be looking for?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, not only are web notes getting tougher and tougher to find but any bills 1995 or older are quickly disappearing. Back in the late 90's I actively looked for web notes and found only 13.

Nice going on the silver Brian! I've never tried dimes but you're inspiring me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread