Tumbling clad

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes you also add water. Personally, I use liquid dishwashing detergent. I've tried several things but keep going back to liquid dishwashing detergent. You'll be surprised at how they turn out. Just don't mix the copper/zinc with the clad.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I do a water change or two 'cause that stuff will turn brown and sludge up like a chocolate shake.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK this is new t me also. How much water and dish soap just enough to make things damp or what.....Matt

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To much water and soap while tumbling makes huge soap bubbles. How much of each of the coins, soap, water and gravel, depends on the size and kind of tumbler. Experment. I make mine like a slurry,

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why wouldn't you just dump your uncleaned clad into a coin counting machine? In three year, there are only a handful of coins that get rejected, and usually then are nearly disintegrated pennies - those you could tumble all day and they'd still be falling apart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread