Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring.....but no gold last night.

Click on link for the dig video Tungsten Carbide Wedding Ring Video by hag730 | Photobucket

DSCN3405.JPG

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a nice ring...they are making some beautiful tungsten, titanium and stainless rings...even putting diamonds and gold accents on them...I hate it. :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign of the times, unfortunately. Tungsten is becoming quite the norm now days.

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find still. How do you like that scoop?

Long story, but here goes.... I bought the TREX off ebay in 2012 from a guy who won it in a raffle. I got it for 118.00, which was a good price. I love the scoop.....it moves a lot of earth. I broke the welds on top after about a year of use. I took it to a local fabrication shop and paid about 40 bucks for them to reinforce the welds, never had a problem after that. I made the mistake of letting my brother use it once and he bent the front some how :dontknow: I re-formed it.....good as new, but the stainless has never been the same, I pretty much have to pound it out with a hammer after every use now. Problem is, Ive become attached to it. I tried using the RTG that came with my excel and hate it. Ive thought about bringing it to somebody and seeing if they could re-anneal it? My guess is it may make it brittle? I suppose at some point I'll have to buy another. I like the Stealth, but thats a heavy SOB.....not sure Id want to drag that around all day.

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a nice ring...they are making some beautiful tungsten, titanium and stainless rings...even putting diamonds and gold accents on them...I hate it. :laughing7:

We'll........they need to stop! :laughing7:

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I am right there with you. Small fingers, found one today that fits my thumb. Could always fabricate wind chimes with then, make soothing sounds of rings in a scoop

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a very nice looking ring, Hag.

It's style has class; I think it would sell quickly ..looks new.

Lorraine

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long story, but here goes.... I bought the TREX off ebay in 2012 from a guy who won it in a raffle. I got it for 118.00, which was a good price. I love the scoop.....it moves a lot of earth. I broke the welds on top after about a year of use. I took it to a local fabrication shop and paid about 40 bucks for them to reinforce the welds, never had a problem after that. I made the mistake of letting my brother use it once and he bent the front some how :dontknow: I re-formed it.....good as new, but the stainless has never been the same, I pretty much have to pound it out with a hammer after every use now. Problem is, Ive become attached to it. I tried using the RTG that came with my excel and hate it. Ive thought about bringing it to somebody and seeing if they could re-anneal it? My guess is it may make it brittle? I suppose at some point I'll have to buy another. I like the Stealth, but thats a heavy SOB.....not sure Id want to drag that around all day.

I've been looking at the Stealth, thinking that it would work well in the water and dry sand. The diamond head I use takes 2 good men and a small boy to work the dry sand, but works great in the water and rocky areas and it is one solid piece of steel.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Nice looking ring. It's amazing how much they sell for in the stores but are worth nothing after.

CLWCRACKER

Greenie
Jan 5, 2013
clearwater FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Series
Had a ring just like it. Lost it in an airport. Glad I did. They can't cut it off if your finger swells in it.
They have to cut your finger off and reattach it. Things they don't tell ya when u buy one.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tungsten carbide .... oh well.
As slow as things have been today I would have been thrilled to have found that.

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut your finger off huh? That's crazy if its true.....:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about maybe selling it......but if you look on ebay, similar rings are all over for about 16.00 dollars. Ill probably just keep it in the collection.

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this.....not sure it would be this easy with a big one though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread