index (16).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2,516
  • index (18).jpg
    index (18).jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,508

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
circle meaning one, mine or treasure, this is the place, mountain or knoll, sun, or church treasure below....being on the back of the turtle i would chance guess in the direction he is heading..possibly one measurement............. the triangle with the dot in center meaning treasure/mine in center of triangle marked out with rocks,,,,,,gldhntr

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Gldhntr--- One measurement, is this one vara,league ? I missed the triangle with dot, where might it be??
So, these rocks marking tri. would be set off by thmeself, not mixed with a bunch of other rocks??
Thanks for the info, I'll get him to be a TH'er yet. hehe
In the picture it looks like a sunken area in the green at center right.

Jacko

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
my guess on a measurement would be a soldiers vara, = 33+- inches,, but the more i look at picture i would think the circle stood for mine,treasure,, or mountain, knoll......in the direction the turtle is heading..........the triangle with dot in center is on the large rock on the left of first posted picture.......if the triangle was upside down the cache would most likely be marked by a triangle of trees, but the way it is means marked by triangle of rocks,, most likely three rocks, one at each corner, also either sitting mostly by themselves or marked so you would be able to discern the right ones..cache most likely centered as shown by raised dot in center..........head in the direction the turtle is going {unless tail or leg points oddly} looking for three rocks or possible rock markers making triangle, and check center.......i also think that if they were moving these big boulders around that the cache would be buried according to regulation = the depth of a soldier = 5-6 feet deep..at least...........gldhntr

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jacko!!! :)

That's ONE NEAT picture!

;)

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Nana 40 --- Yup, sure wished it was mine. Hey there's a Nana's Italian cafe in town , been meanin to get a picture of the sign.

Jacko

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if your friend can get more pics from different angles. It may not be a turtle. It is definately man-made though.

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Gollum -- He told me it would be awhile before he can get back up there. He' got a job that keeps him busy. I am going to ask if I can come along, but chance are he'll say no as he's one of the pro nuggget hunters here in AZ and I think this is one of his hot spot. He just might since I live 275 mile saway and can't get there but once a year. I have asked for more pictures but, I think this is the only one as he's not a treasure hunting man, YET !!
So, I think he only took this one cause it was completely different.

Jacko

yilpet

Aug 24, 2007
turtle is a treasure sign,you have to look first which of the feats is different placed than the other feats and make a search threre.

yilpet

Aug 24, 2007
And a circle means a trap and danger,good luck.You'll find old gold money if you can solute it,my friend has found 1721 pieces of byzantian gold money under a turtle sign but in his case the turtle had no feats and no head.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
This is a common carving indicating the presence of a nearby cave. The rock isn't a turtle - it's a convenient flat surface. Look for some sort of directional pointer and follow it. If you find the cave, be careful of snakes.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
all of you guys are missing some information here.

Most unfortunately our friend, Jacko, who posted this will not be able to relay the information you are giving to the man who took this picture.

Several months ago. Jacko found the ultimate treasure.
He left us all behind and went to see his creator.
We miss him and his view of life.

Sorry to give such bad news.
It is posted here in another thread.

OD

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Not all is lost Old Dawg. ;D

When i saw this post from Jacko it occured to me having lived in az for 12 years i just might know a couple of the best detectorists in az. So i asked jacko if his nam might be (blank)....and to my surprise i did....

Everytime i have been down there i have missed as he is a lineman these days. But i have talked to his wife numerous times. He has agreed to show me where this turtle is....and it is in my area of interest is az. So hopefully in october i will finally see it myself....

DW

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Just hit 8050 Ft. Now we sit and circulate until a roc doc in denver reviews my gamma files and decides if this will be core point number 2. So the day could be getting better.....

DW

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Old Dog said:
all of you guys are missing some information here.

Most unfortunately our friend, Jacko, who posted this will not be able to relay the information you are giving to the man who took this picture.

Several months ago. Jacko found the ultimate treasure.
He left us all behind and went to see his creator.
We miss him and his view of life.

Sorry to give such bad news.
It is posted here in another thread.

OD

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS ABOUT MY FATHER "JACKO"//IM SURE HE IS LOOKING DOWN ON THIS FORUM..AND STILL,SEEING THINGS OTHERS DONT....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread