TV debut....oh great!

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know there are many CRHs out there but our competition may increase.

Watching doomsday preppers and our hobby made a TV debut. The guy explained if you look through half dollars and get the silver ones you can cash them in. Just so happens he finds some and gives the silver value and face value. 6 or so coins with a value over 100.00.

What do you guys think of this?

Novapax

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I think everything has pretty much been said that could be on this, but I'll add that I found out about CRHing a little over a year ago by accident ( youtube vid) and the next day went and started ordering halves and have been ever since, I am 41 now, I had never heard of it before, if I had, you betcha I would have been doing this 20 years ago for sure. I'm sure there are many people ( just like me) that introduced to the idea, would instantly start doing it, so I don't think it is fair to allways lay a blanket statement out there that " Everyone knows about it allready", that is not true. Now, I have had my friends here when I've searched a box and pulled 45 Silvers from it and still say "Ya, thats cool but, no way would I do that, it's too much trouble", so yes, there are those that would maybe try it and give up, or see it and not even bother, but there are those like me who would see it and say heck ya I'm doing it and not give up, so I don't like the fact that this guy would go on tv and show everybody how to do this. Yes this forum does exploit it, but this forum is specifically for us that do it, we are not televised to the general public. Oh, and yes, 12 in a roll is totally Bogus, but we all allready know that, especially out of a String and Son roll, lol. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread